• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this better/worse than right before Holtz was canned?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

I don't disagree with your logic bourbon, right up to where you say give Willie another year. It's not gonna get better with him. What you've seen from day 1 is the same as what you see today. He learned 1 way to coach, and he seems to lack the mental capacity to either improve upon that, or change it altogether. He's the "try the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result" guy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

better...last two recruiting classes have been either best or highly ranked for the American conference.  Defense looks very stout.  DBs were playing so soft during the Holtz tenure.  So frustrating to watch that from what the die hards had gotten used to watching the Bull deal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I don't disagree with your logic bourbon, right up to where you say give Willie another year. It's not gonna get better with him. What you've seen from day 1 is the same as what you see today. He learned 1 way to coach, and he seems to lack the mental capacity to either improve upon that, or change it altogether. He's the "try the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result" guy.

I only say that because I said it with Holtz.  College coaches should get 4 years IMO.  So just trying to be consistent in my posts.  I won't cry if Taggart gets fired.  I don't want to see a change in OCs if Taggart is going to remain the play caller.  Heck, the current OC might be the right guy but we'll never know.  The DC seems like he might be the right guy in his position. Who knows what kind of head coach he would make.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

To me, the number of wins in year three is not as important as how we look as a team and if it looks like we are improving.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

To me, the number of wins in year three is not as important as how we look as a team and if it looks like we are improving.

So how's it looking so far? I def think there are some positives this year and its been a while since I thought that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

very hard to say but i know with they last couple of years program itself is at an all time low

the product has been bad for so long

i never thought a team from tampa could fail so miserably with all the resources we have

it is quite shocking

look at the gators in one year they turned it around

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we dont have a qb and play calling is horrible

cwt is as  bad a coach as holtz

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So how's it looking so far? I def think there are some positives this year and its been a while since I thought that.

There are some positives.  But IMO we need to improve more for me to say that CWT deserves a 4th year.  Flowers looked better against Memphis than he has since FAMU, but Mephis' D is not very good.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88

I'm not a Skip Holtz fan, but the fact is he won before he came to USF and he's winning after leaving USF.   

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm not a Skip Holtz fan, but the fact is he won before he came to USF and he's winning after leaving USF.   

Watch your back. Those are fighting words.