• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Bench play IF we fall behind early?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I just hope CWT lets QF air the ball out so we can know once and for all if he can truly lead this team 

never happen

he cant make the throw consistently

He's allowed to, "air the ball out" every game.  He just doesn't go through progressions and if it's not there, he runs.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

No, he shouldn't.

There isn't much upside to bringing Bench in. Let Flowers develop.

Obviously he will come in at the worst possible time though, and kill any offensive momentum we have.

Since rumor has it that Woolard will be the starting QB next year, we should give each QB full games to play and see which one performs best in the long run. 

As for when Bench is put into a game, that is on the head coach. CWT makes that decision, not Bench. So only CWT is responsible, no matter what he says, since he doesn't want to take any responsibility for anything that goes wrong, especially when it's his decision. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Screw it, just swap 'em in every other drive. And do the same with the WRs and RBs, too. Then they all get equal playing time throughout the game, and we can do an adequate comparison to judge who should start. It's only a game...

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Man would i love for QF to come out and do well against Memphis. That would be huge for the team!! I kind of believe this game is make or break for the year. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Man would i love for QF to come out and do well against Memphis. That would be huge for the team!! I kind of believe this game is make or break for the year.

I'd love for this to happen. Based on the little we've seen of this new offensive "playbook" this season. The WR's, TE's, and RB's would have to play mistake free ball. I just don't see a litany of plays available that will max out QF's seemingly limited skillset. QF still gives us the best chance to win.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

can mack, Johnson or tice play QB?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

No, he shouldn't.

There isn't much upside to bringing Bench in. Let Flowers develop.

Obviously he will come in at the worst possible time though, and kill any offensive momentum we have.

Since rumor has it that Woolard will be the starting QB next year, we should give each QB full games to play and see which one performs best in the long run. 

As for when Bench is put into a game, that is on the head coach. CWT makes that decision, not Bench. So only CWT is responsible, no matter what he says, since he doesn't want to take any responsibility for anything that goes wrong, especially when it's his decision. 

We really don't know for sure if Woolard is any good.  We all hope he is and since he is on the bench he is our best player but he might be a bust.

If Woolard stinks (regardless of who the coach is) we will be happy that we did not sit Flowers for Bench.  And no, I have not given up on the season, I think Flowers is better than Bench from what I have seen anyway.

Also, I see we are comparing passing numbers up there but do they take into account the affect Flowers has on the running game?  

• Upvote 1

Those are not pass number those numbers are qb ratings. They take into account a QBs overall contributions to the team ie their impact. It's takes into account passing and running for Qbs such as extending plays rushing yards etc. 

Will dig up the link once I get in front of the puter if someone doesn't beat me to it. Went through this in some detail in another thread when people get into how they 'feel' about the QB situation... 

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Those are not pass number those numbers are qb ratings. They take into account a QBs overall contributions to the team ie their impact. It's takes Iinto account passing and running for Qbs such as extending plays rushing yards etc. 

Will dig up the link once I get Iin front of the puter if someone doesn't beat me to it. Went through this in some detail in another thread when people get int how they feel about the QB situation... 

OK, I am just curous if they measure how having a mobile QB opens things up for the RB's.  

Those are not pass number those numbers are qb ratings. They take into account a QBs overall contributions to the team ie their impact. It's takes Iinto account passing and running for Qbs such as extending plays rushing yards etc. 

Will dig up the link once I get Iin front of the puter if someone doesn't beat me to it. Went through this in some detail in another thread when people get int how they feel about the QB situation... 

OK, I am just curous if they measure how having a mobile QB opens things up for the RB's.  

I dont think it does that bc that might be a bit more complicated to quantify the extent of how it effects the play.

For example it's appears to take into account the QB scrambling a extending a play and making a completion and weighs it more heavily on the QBs contribution than a bubble screen. Same if he rush and picks up a first down with his legs etc.