• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The sky is falling!!! (not)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Rankings after week 3

WKU 65

La Tech 71

USF 95

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

We are better.  Instead of losing to an FCS team, we handily beat one.    That said, as long as our offense is entirely one-dimensional, it won't be hard to shut us down.   That's the problem.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Why Most USF fans are terrible:

(1) USF is expected to get destroyed by Memphis this year. This is acceptable by most fans because we all know Memphis is a solid football team. 

(2) Memphis almost loses to Bowling Green who beat Maryland. 

(3) Maryland beats USF. Fans completely pissed off that we lost to Maryland and are calling for a new starting QB complete replacement of Coaching Staff. 

4 (Bonus) Think we're much better than UCF even though we lost to FAU and McNeese at HOME in one season lol. I'll never forget those days. 

We're rebuilding. Support your team and just give it time idiots. If we keep playing musical chairs with Coaches, we will never have a good team ever again. 

I don't understand most of this post.

1) I expect us to get beat pretty soundly by Memphis. I accept this fact because I have no control over the football team, not because I like it.

2) This is a fact. I don't get what this has to do with my USF fandom.

3) Maryland did beat USF. It was the 27th game for CWT. He runs the offense and after 27 games, it still looks a lot like my toilet smells after going to the Taco Bus.

4) You're new here. There aren't many USF fans who think we're "much better" than UCF in 2015.

We claim to be rebuilding. On the field evidence says we haven't actually made any progress in 3 years. If we keep around a ****** coach, we will never have a good team ever again.

Good points. My post was in response to dozens of posts throughout at least 8 Discussions throughout this forum, of pure nonsense talk. Not attacking anyone in particular because I know their on sound minded individuals on this board, but it seems like there are a lot of really "strong" opinions. 

Where are these "sound minded individuals" you speak of?  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24

(1) USF is expected to get destroyed by Memphis this year. This is acceptable by most fans because we all know Memphis is a solid football team. 

(3) Maryland beats USF. Fans completely pissed off that we lost to Maryland and are calling for a new starting QB complete replacement of Coaching Staff. 

4 (Bonus) Think we're much better than UCF even though we lost to FAU and McNeese at HOME in one season lol. I'll never forget those days. 

We're rebuilding. Support your team and just give it time idiots. If we keep playing musical chairs with Coaches, we will never have a good team ever again. 

1) I expect us to get beat pretty soundly by Memphis. I accept this fact because I have no control over the football team, not because I like it.

3) Maryland did beat USF. It was the 27th game for CWT. He runs the offense and after 27 games, it still looks a lot like my toilet smells after going to the Taco Bus.

4) You're new here. There aren't many USF fans who think we're "much better" than UCF in 2015.

We claim to be rebuilding. On the field evidence says we haven't actually made any progress in 3 years. If we keep around a ****** coach, we will never have a good team ever again.

Good points. My post was in response to dozens of posts throughout at least 8 Discussions throughout this forum, of pure nonsense talk. Not attacking anyone in particular because I know their on sound minded individuals on this board, but it seems like there are a lot of really "strong" opinions. 

Why would I point out specific individuals? Not really looking to have a debate on what other people said. Simply why my original post was broad. Good try though. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Why would I point out specific individuals? Not really looking to have a debate on what other people said. Simply why my original post was broad. Good try though.

GA should have used the sarcasm font....

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

We are better.  Instead of losing to an FCS team, we handily beat one.    That said, as long as our offense is entirely one-dimensional, it won't be hard to shut us down.   That's the problem.

Any FBS program that has to point to beating up on an FCS team as our improvement is in big trouble.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

The playcalling was ****.  Bottom line.  Multiple times QF was asked to throw a screen toward the sidelines, 20-25 yards away and behind the line of scrimmage, with no blockers.  Not to mention that he's rarely allowed to throw it that distance UPFIELD.  

There is no imagination, no deception in the playcalling.  It's predictable, it doesn't work most of the time and it doesn't set us up for success in 4 quarters.  

It's going to be REALLY hard to overcome that when it starts with the head coach.  

OK that 40 yard screen pass was horrible .. beyond that though I thought it was OK.

That was just one example.  Run, run, pass (when obviously we struggle at that), punt just gets a bit old after a while.  It's the predictability that's the worst part.

Opposing defensive coordinators don't have a problem with our offense, either, so there's that.  

Ga is right. it's completely predictable. Not only does the defense know we are going to run the ball 75+% of the time, they want us to because the defensive coordinator can call run blitzes 75% of the time and make life completely miserable without having to worry about the pass. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

The playcalling was ****.  Bottom line.  Multiple times QF was asked to throw a screen toward the sidelines, 20-25 yards away and behind the line of scrimmage, with no blockers.  Not to mention that he's rarely allowed to throw it that distance UPFIELD.  

There is no imagination, no deception in the playcalling.  It's predictable, it doesn't work most of the time and it doesn't set us up for success in 4 quarters.  

It's going to be REALLY hard to overcome that when it starts with the head coach.  

OK that 40 yard screen pass was horrible .. beyond that though I thought it was OK.

That was just one example.  Run, run, pass (when obviously we struggle at that), punt just gets a bit old after a while.  It's the predictability that's the worst part.

Opposing defensive coordinators don't have a problem with our offense, either, so there's that.  

Ga is right. it's completely predictable. Not only does the defense know we are going to run the ball 75+% of the time, they want us to because the defensive coordinator can call run blitzes 75% of the time and make life completely miserable without having to worry about the pass. 

I'm paraphrasing and not quoting here, but I do believe that CWT has said in the past that his philosophy is that the opponent will know what is coming and they just won't be able to do anything to stop it.  At least I remember him saying that in years past about his power run offense.  I do not agree with his philosophy.  I think his philosophy only has a chance to work when you are certain that you have your opponent physically outmatched.  (See FAMU).  When you are physically outmatched or evenly matched, you need to invoke the other facets of football (the chess match stuff), so the playbook has to be expanded to allow for something that can't be easily predicted by the defense.  That's where I think we get outcoached in almost every game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I'm paraphrasing and not quoting here, but I do believe that CWT has said in the past that his philosophy is that the opponent will know what is coming and they just won't be able to do anything to stop it.  At least I remember him saying that in years past about his power run offense.  I do not agree with his philosophy.  I think his philosophy only has a chance to work when you are certain that you have your opponent physically outmatched.  (See FAMU).  When you are physically outmatched or evenly matched, you need to invoke the other facets of football (the chess match stuff), so the playbook has to be expanded to allow for something that can't be easily predicted by the defense.  That's where I think we get outcoached in almost every game.

You are correct in that he has said exactly that.

However the "won't be able to stop it part" has been a risible failure.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Rankings after week 3

WKU 65

La Tech 71

USF 95

So what people will say this means is that 1) Taggart brought in great talent at WKU and someone else is coaching them up, 2) Skip is still benefitting from the prior coach and, 3) Taggart is still playing with the lack of talent left by Holtz.    Is that about right?