• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QF Lovers, Bring It.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Hahaha, giving QF a pass and content with losing. A bit of a biased take on your part.

It's more of a big picture and what's best for the team long-term outlook. Not a short-sighted, "put in the backup that we know has sucked in the past but maybe he can be great" panic approach like putting SB in would show.

;) ;) ;).

Sure it's my take...it's what I see from QF at the moment. I think what's best for USF long term is to win games now not next year.

While I think QF is improving, I still don't believe he will give us what we need to win now. Look at the FAMU game and tell me SB looks so terrible when compared to QF regardless of the competition. It just seems like you are being unfairly critical of SB to me.

Let's put it this way at the very least we know what QF brings to the table and its not fair in my estimation to be overly critical of SB and not apply the same logic to QF. QF to this point has gotten a better opportunity then SB has his entire time at USF. QF has been the start for three full games I am not even sure if SB has been given the entire first team reps for any game he has played. Def not last year...

We were trailing most of the game against MD. QF completed 6 passes to our WR all game for 21 total yards. It will be very difficult to come from behind and win a game with that kind of offensive weapon.

Weapon...lol...made me think of a Nerf gun.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Hahaha, giving QF a pass and content with losing. A bit of a biased take on your part.

It's more of a big picture and what's best for the team long-term outlook. Not a short-sighted, "put in the backup that we know has sucked in the past but maybe he can be great" panic approach like putting SB in would show.

;););).

There are (13) D1 QBs with worse stats... And (113) QBs with better stats. Those who think QF will be able to win games when we fall behind are delusional IMO.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr/_/page/3

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

While I have referred to these numbers in the past I really don't know much about the nuts and bolts. Interesting read below regarding how it works. A 50 rating equals average QB, 80-90 Top QB including running ability for scoring and extending plays etc. Making it an even better metric is it takes into account glorified running plays and weighs them less as the QB is not really making a contribution.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9612585/total-quarterback-rating-college-football

SB rating for last year:

Raw: 56.8

Adjusted: 60.96

QF rating this year:

Raw: 32.4

Adjusted: 34.7

Edited by Bull-Hornz

While I have referred to these numbers in the past I really don't know much about the nuts and bolts. Interesting read below regarding how it works. A 50 rating equals average QB, 80-90 Top QB including running ability for scoring and extending plays etc. Making it an even better metric is it takes into account glorified running plays and weighs them less as the QB is not really making a contribution.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9612585/total-quarterback-rating-college-football

SB rating for last year:

QF rating this year:

Sry apparently these numbers are different then thr qbr on the ESPN stats page...i thought they were a bit high for SB lol...anyhow here are the correct numbers

SB last year:

161) Raw: 37.3 Adj: 43.9

MW last year (for comparison):

162) Raw: 45.0 Adj: 43.3

Funny they were right next to each other as far as ranking for last year.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

SB rating for last year:

QF rating this year:

Sry apparently these numbers are different then thr qbr on the ESPN stats page...i thought they were a bit high for SB lol...anyhow here are the correct numbers

SB last year:

The QF love and the SB hate exhibited by some on this board is unnatural and unseemly.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

With a different head coach I think the QB numbers would be a lot better.

Sorry, I just do not accept that talent wise our QBs are not even in the top 100.

It is coaching plain and simple.

3 years, 3 different quarterbacks (white, bench, flowers), 3 seasons of offense ranked 100 or worse. No more excusing the coach.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

While I have referred to these numbers in the past I really don't know much about the nuts and bolts. Interesting read below regarding how it works. A 50 rating equals average QB, 80-90 Top QB including running ability for scoring and extending plays etc. Making it an even better metric is it takes into account glorified running plays and weighs them less as the QB is not really making a contribution.http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9612585/total-quarterback-rating-college-football

SB rating for last year:

QF rating this year:

SB last year:

The QF love and the SB hate exhibited by some on this board is unnatural and unseemly.

I hope nobody really hates either guy. They both bust ass and try as hard as they can to win. I just wish people understood they were different QBs. Sometimes you need a Phillips screwdriver and sometimes a flat head screwdriver.

What is interesting is that SB actually edged out MW yet got now where near the same amount of opportunities to be successful. MW def has not seen the same amount of criticism that SB has that's for sure.

I am starting to think people are confusing/blaming SB w/ Floyd Eveld White lol...