• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart Musings Famu

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Taggarts never thought he would need a slot rec. until Harlan broke him last December.

Barr and Reed were being recruited way before the season ended. Barr was offered during the summer of 2014.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tackle concerns me most on the offensive side, other than QB play.

Surprised Hamilton is starting at DT. Maybe his last year will be where it coms together. Calloway on the line would have me feeling better.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I doubt Taggarts is the genius we all hope he is and recruited Barr to a position he didn't need at the time because his grand scheme was to run spread in secret which would have been easier all along. Now I have a headache great.

I doubt Taggarts is the genius we all hope he is and recruited Barr to a position he didn't need at the time because his grand scheme was to run spread in secret which would have been easier all along. Now I have a headache great.

I didn't say CWT was a genius. Just that he was recruiting those guys way before the season ended and he met with Harlan.

I will say, he made a comment sometime last year about needing more playmakers on the field. At our place in the recruiting pecking order we are more likely to get playmakers who are a couple inches too short or a few pounds lighter than ready made pros. I personally think CWT began realizing that last recruiting class. I don't know if he was going full spread but he was running a lot more pistol and shotgun than the Stanford offense is designed for.

Interesting numbers ...

24 players listed on offense - only 6 Senior/Grads.
Price, Pope, Mak, Brynjar, Thor, and Bench  (three OL is gonna hurt)

23 players listed on defense - only 7 Senior/Grads.

Lee, Hamilton, Awoleke, Bullock, Hill, Garye, and Byrd.

Hamilton could return as a grad student since he did not play in 2013.

Garye is filling in for Nigel Harris, who will be back in the lineup after two games...

So USF has 47 players on the "2 deep" and 34 of them will be returning next year...

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899

Surprised to see Nate Godwin as backup

Missed quite a bit of time with a hamstring issue, when he's back to full health, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the starting job back.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Interesting numbers ...

24 players listed on offense - only 6 Senior/Grads.

Price, Pope, Mak, Brynjar, Thor, and Bench (three OL is gonna hurt)

23 players listed on defense - only 7 Senior/Grads.

Lee, Hamilton, Awoleke, Bullock, Hill, Garye, and Byrd.

Hamilton could return as a grad student since he did not play in 2013.

Garye is filling in for Nigel Harris, who will be back in the lineup after two games...

So USF has 47 players on the "2 deep" and 34 of them will be returning next year...

Thanks for the number crunching...interesting!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Was the PK position not listed or did it just not fit in to the photo? I read somewhere earlier this week that no decision has been made if Nadelman would kick or a freshman.

Normally I probably wouldn't pay attention, but since Kloss was our only consistent scoring threat, and usually from long range, the last couple of years, we can't afford the kicking game to drop off much.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

CN04vEjWIAAI0gf.jpg

CN04ceAWUAATXMj.jpg

Most excited for Demetrius Hill hitting the D-Line depth chart at  Bull position.  I was never really found of having a LB like Bullock with his hand in the dirt.  With a guy like Hill at WDE it's almost like the olden days when we had a solid pass rush and balanced attack.  Also excited to see Awoleke on the depth chart as I've made several posts about him in the past year, and he has a lot of talent and size.

What did you guys think?

Unless I'm reading this depth chart wrong. Bullock IS the starter at the "Bull" position.  Hill is the backup.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

CN04vEjWIAAI0gf.jpg

CN04ceAWUAATXMj.jpg

Most excited for Demetrius Hill hitting the D-Line depth chart at  Bull position.  I was never really found of having a LB like Bullock with his hand in the dirt.  With a guy like Hill at WDE it's almost like the olden days when we had a solid pass rush and balanced attack.  Also excited to see Awoleke on the depth chart as I've made several posts about him in the past year, and he has a lot of talent and size.

What did you guys think?

Impressed with the S&C staff...Mike Love came to USF at 215 or 220 and is now 266

• Upvote 1