• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and The Empty Cupboard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Everything is in the cupboard except maybe a quarterback.

If Taggart is fired and another coach brought in, we'll here all about the cupboard being empty again.  And really, I don't see how anyone can say the cupboard is suddenly full.  These kids haven't won a thing.  We have no idea if they are any good or not.  Win some games and we can talk about the talent we have.  I just wish Taggart would stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility.

When did Taggart blame anyone?  The guy literally has never blamed anyone for our struggles.  Just because you write it on the internet doesn't make it true.  I think you're confused between Taggart and Holtz.  I'm guessing you were a Holtz guy,

The cupboards were bare... completely bare.  Marcus Shaw was the starting RB with basically no real backup.  Willie Davis?  yeah... that guy.  Oh, the QBs left behind were Floyd and Eveld... We had to start a freshman 190lb LB because the defense was crap.  Oh, we had a walk-on corner and no talent left in the secondary.  Durden? yeah Im sure.  We had a 273 pound center and the previous coach didnt even recruit his backup.  Our S&C program was crap and we had literally no depth anywhere.  

The cupboards are not full... but they are pretty well stocked now.  There is no way anyone can argue they aren't.  The fact that youi d

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If we win 2-3 games it will be because Taggart can't coach the talent not because Taggart couldn't recruit talent here. We have better players now so if we have a new coach next season he won't be able to use an empty cupboard as an excuse

Link?

See the last 2 seasons where our offense has been ranked 100+ in just about every category and the only bright spot has been Mack but Mack can't run the ball every play

So the cupboard is full because we have one running back out of the 11 positions needed on offense?  I'm not following.

If Taggart is fired and another coach brought in, we'll here all about the cupboard being empty again.  And really, I don't see how anyone can say the cupboard is suddenly full.  These kids haven't won a thing.  We have no idea if they are any good or not.  Win some games and we can talk about the talent we have.  I just wish Taggart would stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility.

When did Taggart blame anyone?  The guy literally has never blamed anyone for our struggles.  Just because you write it on the internet doesn't make it true.  I think you're confused between Taggart and Holtz.  I'm guessing you were a Holtz guy,

The cupboards were bare... completely bare.  Marcus Shaw was the starting RB with basically no real backup.  Willie Davis?  yeah... that guy.  Oh, the QBs left behind were Floyd and Eveld... We had to start a freshman 190lb LB because the defense was crap.  Oh, we had a walk-on corner and no talent left in the secondary.  Durden? yeah Im sure.  We had a 273 pound center and the previous coach didnt even recruit his backup.  Our S&C program was crap and we had literally no depth anywhere.  

The cupboards are not full... but they are pretty well stocked now.  There is no way anyone can argue they aren't.  The fact that youi d

When our offense is ranked higher than 100 out of 125 you might have an argument we have some talent.  Until then, you have zero basis for that argument.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

When did Taggart blame anyone? 

He didn't  ... It's just one of those baseless cliches about him that people like to trot out at times. Kind of like the one about Holtz never referring to USF as we or us.

When our offense is ranked higher than 100 out of 125 you might have an argument we have some talent.  Until then, you have zero basis for that argument.

I have a lot of basis for the argument, I've followed the construction of every USF football team for years and have literally watched film on every recruit we've had for the past 10 years.  So saying I have zero basis for my argument is just something else you're saying just to say.  I'm willing to bet I know a ton more about this team than you do.  I argue you  know very little about the team or the players with the exception of a few box scores and games you watched LAST SEASON.  You are one of the people whose actual insight into the team I question.  

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Who needs opposing fans with the amount of pedantic internal strife we have? A little too much antagonist on here sometimes.

I have a lot of basis for the argument, I've followed the construction of every USF football team for years and have literally watched film on every recruit we've had for the past 10 years.  So saying I have zero basis for my argument is just something else you're saying just to say.  I'm willing to bet I know a ton more about this team than you do.  I argue you  know very little about the team or the players with the exception of a few box scores and games you watched LAST SEASON.  You are one of the people whose actual insight into the team I question.  

Thank you for your insight.

He didn't  ... It's just one of those baseless cliches about him that people like to trot out at times. Kind of like the one about Holtz never referring to USF as we or us.

Taggart has blamed others for two years.  Those wearing the green and gold goggles don't see the quotes.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

If we win 2-3 games it will be because Taggart can't coach the talent not because Taggart couldn't recruit talent here. We have better players now so if we have a new coach next season he won't be able to use an empty cupboard as an excuse

Link?
See the last 2 seasons where our offense has been ranked 100+ in just about every category and the only bright spot has been Mack but Mack can't run the ball every play

So the cupboard is full because we have one running back out of the 11 positions needed on offense? I'm not following.

I'm not saying the cupboard is full but it's better than what Taggart inherited.

Taggart has blamed others for two years.  Those wearing the green and gold goggles don't see the quotes.

One link... should be easy to find.  Find one article or interview.  You're on the clock. 

• Upvote 1