• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another ESPN Diss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

FIU shouldn't be ranked ahead of us,

that's when this list became comical to me.

FAU maybe but never FIU.

FIU beat FAU........and both prob would've beaten USF last year.

I don't think you realize just how bad USF was last year. Seriously, about 6 or 7 plays was the difference between 4-8 and 0-12. Even still, USF looked like crap in all 4 of those wins

There is no way USF was "6 or 7" plays from 0-12... USF was no where near losing WCU and U Conn (and the rain makes everyone look like crap)... SMU was the only game where we were one play from losing - but White engineered two great dries to win the game... Tulsa it took some time, but that second half was a thing of beauty.

USF was also exactly three plays from 6-6... so USF was not "BAD" ... USF was inexperienced (as the 2nd or 3rd overall youngest team in FBS) and had problems with focus (hence so many dumb penalties)... and because our OL could not protect the QB, teams simply stacked the box against the run.

Wowza. I could kind of see your points until you said we weren't "bad". Then I just started laughing.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

We were what we should have been last season, a bad football team.  I'm not sure where this things turn around overnight fantasy  everyone seemed to have had came from, but the team two years ago was terrible, last season they were bad, this year they should be good.  Anyone with half a wit could see this team would have struggled to get to .500 last season.  It's actually been that way for quite a long time around here but I guess that's now just a distant memory.  But right now as I see this team, they should be pretty good this season.  I have been down on them since 2011.  I knew we were heading into the suck just by looking at who was coming in versus who was leaving.  Major talent drain 'and that don't get fixed in one/or even two recruiting classes.  

Taggart made his share of mistakes but just getting the foundation of the team back strong is more of an effort that any of us fans thinks.  I mean I was hard on the guy that first year and this past season I began to lighten up.  I can kinda get what's going on right now and to be fair, he had no support from the top.  They just dumped a suck *butt program with little talent into his lap and said "fix it."  I've seen big changes this spring.  I've had a chance to see these guys up close and personal and I am convinced that this team is at least a 7 win team.  I think we just got so use to seeing terrible teams that we may not recognize a  good team if it slapped us.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

FAU maybe but never FIU.

I don't think you realize just how bad USF was last year. Seriously, about 6 or 7 plays was the difference between 4-8 and 0-12. Even still, USF looked like crap in all 4 of those wins

There is no way USF was "6 or 7" plays from 0-12... USF was no where near losing WCU and U Conn (and the rain makes everyone look like crap)... SMU was the only game where we were one play from losing - but White engineered two great dries to win the game... Tulsa it took some time, but that second half was a thing of beauty.

USF was also exactly three plays from 6-6... so USF was not "BAD" ... USF was inexperienced (as the 2nd or 3rd overall youngest team in FBS) and had problems with focus (hence so many dumb penalties)... and because our OL could not protect the QB, teams simply stacked the box against the run.

Uh... I know it's been awhile since the season, but we were 6 or 7 plays from 0-12.

We beat WCU by 5. Take away 1 of Mack's long TD runs we might lose. 

We beat SMU by 1. Took a miracle last second play (which could've been offensive PI), take away that 1 play that's another loss.

We beat UCONN by 3. Take away Mike White's 30 yard TD pass and we settle for a FG we lose by 1. This was a weird game, we did dominate it, but still.

We beat Tulsa by 8 in a frantic comeback. Take away 2 plays in that game and we lose. 

We were bad and inexperienced. Anyone in a dog fight with SMU, Tulsa, and UConn in the same year is a bad team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

FAU maybe but never FIU.

Uh... I know it's been awhile since the season, but we were 6 or 7 plays from 0-12.

We beat SMU by 1. Took a miracle last second play (which could've been offensive PI), take away that 1 play that's another loss.

We beat UCONN by 3. Take away Mike White's 30 yard TD pass and we settle for a FG we lose by 1. This was a weird game, we did dominate it, but still.

We beat Tulsa by 8 in a frantic comeback. Take away 2 plays in that game and we lose.

We were bad and inexperienced. Anyone in a dog fight with SMU, Tulsa, and UConn in the same year is a bad team.

Did you factor in that maybe CWT is just a magician in tight games?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159

FAU maybe but never FIU.

In all fairness, if you're going to use that measure this team was 5 or 6 plays away from .500.  I mean outside of NC state, Houston, and Cinci,... USF was in ever other game.  A couple they just could have easily won had they been more consistent.  While I have been critical of the team, they did not play so bad that there weren't any bright spots.  They were young and inexperienced at just about every skill position.  

So while they could have been 0-12, they could have also been 6-6... but in actuality they were where they should have been 4-8.   I bet they are better than .500 this season though and despite of what happened in the past, when they cross that threshold of an above .500, we will all appreciate it that much more.  Even the most adamant critic will give us props.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

"They are what we thought they were."

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

We suck.  Duh.  Until we win on the field, ESPN and other media outlets will rank us near the bottom.