• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart Names Gilbertson as New Assistant Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I haven't been this excited since we named Tim Anderson associate athletics director for academics.

This is solid analysis and content.

Myself, I'm re-evaluating my prediction of bowl or no.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I haven't been this excited since we named Tim Anderson associate athletics director for academics.

I guess I could have pointed out that Holt oversaw one of the most talented positions on the field last year with Price and McFarland. I realize McFarland took a big chunk out of Price's production, but call me crazy, I thought Price was going to be a beast for us by his junior year. Some of that has to fall on coaching and development. Now I'm supposed to be pumped that our TEs have a guy getting his first real job as a coach? I mean, I guess it is exciting that he's another former college QB (since that's a winning combo at USF for coaches), was once recruited by our old OC, and his dad is a coach. So there's that nugget of awesomeness to chew on.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

I guess I could have pointed out that Holt oversaw one of the most talented positions on the field last year with Price and McFarland. I realize McFarland took a big chunk out of Price's production, but call me crazy, I thought Price was going to be a beast for us by his junior year. Some of that has to fall on coaching and development. Now I'm supposed to be pumped that our TEs have a guy getting his first real job as a coach? I mean, I guess it is exciting that he's another former college QB (since that's a winning combo at USF for coaches), was once recruited by our old OC, and his dad is a coach. So there's that nugget of awesomeness to chew on.
sounds like a home run

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The TE role in a spread offense (to the extent a TE is on the field) is different than in the power run game. More pass catching and more split out from the line which should help Price as blocking was not his strength. Of course the QB still has to get it there. And he still has to catch it.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

This guy is a genius. He just jumped his salary by 400%

• Upvote 1