• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF wins big...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Obama works for less.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

If we didn't pay her well, she'd leave for one of those "better" schools, and we'd be worse off.

It seems that there are better Presidents out there - that will work for less...

If she can earn a $750k/yr income - for her work - then by all means

...define "better"?

At most major state schools the President doesn't have to fear that the state legislature is working against them and can spend more time implementing the University's strategic plan....instead of worrying of having their budget guttted but 70% b/c they didn't play nice with a local hillbilly politician.

Judy has not been perfect....I think she mishandled the Jim Leavitt and athletics in general....but her first priority are academics and she has done a FANTASTIC job in advancing our University. That makes all of our degrees more valuable.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Obama works for less.

US Presidents essentially work for free based on the hours they work and how much of their soul they give away ...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Congrats to USF on their accomplishments, HOWEVER, Judy Genshaft makes TOO much.

We are NOT AAU... yet, our president is the 12th highest paid. Other schools have accomplished more, with less executive pay.

I'm sure USF faculty may agree...

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2015/06/08/usf-president-genshaft-near-top-of-highestpaid.html

You're crazy. Pay the money, hire the best people, watch all of your KPIs increase. Judy has done an amazing job with our accademics and raising our reputation nationally. Also, $700k isn't a lot of money.

What!? It's clearly enough to put you at 12th rank in highest compensation.

Many here, don't realize that there are BETTER schools with BETTER academics AND BETTER athletics....

and BETTER Presidents (with less compensation).

...... Meanwhile, I like Judy - with her accomplishments... But don't act like we are the most developed academic institution in the state of Florida.

Judy is the best for our school. I'll never forget seeing her right after we beat FSU in Tallahassee under the stands with all of the other bulls fans when we were exiting.

Someone is going to be the best paid among their peers. You are saying we could do better for the money?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Obama works for less.

He has no expenses.

Does he pay rent or mortgage? Does he pay for the white house staff? Does he pay for airforce one? Does he pay for his car or gas?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

BOOM!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-scott-vetoes-money-for-ucf-downtown-campus-20150623-story.html

State money for several projects in Central Florida, including the University of Central Florida downtown campus, vaporized Tuesday as Gov. Rick Scott vetoed $461 million in spending before signing the $78 billion budget.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Obama works for less.

US Presidents essentially work for free based on the hours they work and how much of their soul they give away ...

I wouldn't go that far

Edited by Bear

Congrats to USF on their accomplishments, HOWEVER, Judy Genshaft makes TOO much.

We are NOT AAU... yet, our president is the 12th highest paid. Other schools have accomplished more, with less executive pay.

I'm sure USF faculty may agree...

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2015/06/08/usf-president-genshaft-near-top-of-highestpaid.html

You're crazy. Pay the money, hire the best people, watch all of your KPIs increase. Judy has done an amazing job with our accademics and raising our reputation nationally. Also, $700k isn't a lot of money.

What!? It's clearly enough to put you at 12th rank in highest compensation.

Many here, don't realize that there are BETTER schools with BETTER academics AND BETTER athletics....

and BETTER Presidents (with less compensation).

...... Meanwhile, I like Judy - with her accomplishments... But don't act like we are the most developed academic institution in the state of Florida.

Judy is the best for our school. I'll never forget seeing her right after we beat FSU in Tallahassee under the stands with all of the other bulls fans when we were exiting.

Someone is going to be the best paid among their peers. You are saying we could do better for the money?

Are we AAU?

Where does USF rank in Computer Engineering and Science (in the state of Florida)?

What happened to that Polytechnic school?

What is our endowment (in comparison to other AAC schools)?

Castor was a better President

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Castor was a better President

Better singer, too ....