• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JoJo Kemp RB Deland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Looks like he is ours to lose at this point. Bring him in Mark. Love him on the blitz from OLB spot as well. Great athlete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOWaXv4hHQw

DeLand RB JoJo Kemp has USF sitting high atop his leaderboard

296295420-01070457.jpg

JoJo Kemp of Deland goes through the shuttle run at the 2012 Nike SPARQ Combine as his teammates look on. Kemp had a SPARQ score of 87.75 at the West Orange High combine, 51st of the 1,400 participants. (JOE PETRO/FOR THE SENTINEL / February 26, 2012)

By Brendan Sonnone | Orlando Sentinel

10:07 a.m. EST, March 1, 2012

The offers have started pouring in for DeLand running back JoJo Kemp.

West Virginia, FIU, SMU and Western Kentucky all extended offers to Kemp — ranked No. 72 on the Sentinel’s 2013 Florida Top 100 — the past few days, giving him seven offers total.

“I’m very blessed right now,†Kemp said. “I didn’t even think all these offers would roll in this early, I was just more waiting until the spring to see how many offers I was going to get this early. I know I’ll get a lot more as the year goes on, right now I’m very excited and enjoying the whole recruiting process.â€

The West Virginia offer is arguably Kemp’s biggest to date. He plans on visiting Morgantown this summer, about the same time the Mountaineers will be transitioning from the Big East to the Big 12.

“It really means a lot, but all the conference stuff, like the SEC, ACC, all of that doesn’t really matter to me as a player,†Kemp said. “I want to go to a school that’s going to make me better as a person and take me to the next level.â€

That school, for now, looks to be USF. Although Kemp (5-10, 190) is thrilled with the recent attention, the Bulls are still his leader.

“USF is still No. 1,†said Kemp (5-11, 185). “I really like the coaching staff and I think the offense is going good, so yes, USF is still No. 1 and they’re going to be No. 1 until another school changes that, if I go visit somewhere else, until they really blow my mind. I’m not committing to USF yet, but as of right now, yes, they’re No. 1.â€

The Bulls are expected to increase their distance as Kemp’s front-runner later this month. Kemp visited USF during the program’s junior day in February and will spend the entire week at the school with USF safety and former DeLand teammate Mark Joyce during his spring break, which starts March 15.

“I’m very excited to go down to USF during the spring and watch the spring practice, get back to hanging out with Mark Joyce,†Kemp said. “It’s going to be fantastic. I’m not going to lie, I’m very excited about that one. I just want to see how everything rolls in. I went down there two days and I’m sure being down there a whole week is going to let me know a whole lot.â€

Kemp is keeping an open mind and doesn’t necessarily want to commit to USF — or anywhere else — anytime soon, but that could change if his week-long trip to the Tampa-area campus goes well.

"I honestly don’t know. If it happens, it happens,†Kemp said of committing. “I’m not going to hold out for the fun of it. If I feel like USF is the perfect home for me and I got a great feeling, I’m going to commit. I’m not saying I’m going to go in there wanting to commit. I’m going to go there with an open mind and just soak everything up and let everything fall in place.â€

After his visit at USF, Kemp plans on attending UCF’s junior day March 24. There, he hopes to get his eighth offer.

“I’m going to go there and visit them, see what they’re talking about,†Kemp said. “I’m pretty shocked, me and my coach were talking about it today actually, that they haven’t offered me yet.â€

Somewhat as a rule, however, UCF does not usually offer players until they have met head coachGeorge O'Leary.

“That’d be pretty cool,†Kemp said of a possible offer from the Knights.

Pretty cool. That’s a good way to describe Kemp’s recruiting process thus far. And as he’s pointed out, a lot more can happen in the upcoming month.Brendan Sonnone is the Sentinel's recruiting correspondent and can be reached at brendansonnone@gmail.com. Follow Brendan on Twitter at @BSonnone or Facebook at Brendan Sonone or at Orlando Sentinel Recruiting.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-deland-jojo-kemp-likes-usf-20120229,0,3285769.story

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Played against him a couple times. Crazy good athlete

• 1 month later...

We make JoJo's top six. Notably that Mickey Mouse school didn't. Gotta believe he's ours but he gonna take some OV's might be doing a hat dance, too. I say JoJo enjoy yourself but come be a part of the magic.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jojo-Kemp-132607

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Well I advertise in the Bulldog game program - maybe a smiley face with Jo Jos and and the "U" logo this year :)

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://fansided150.com/2012/06/14/jojo-kemp-has-top-six/

JoJo Kemp has top six

Jun 14th, 2012 at 1:10 pmby Joe Soriano2013 Football Class

Home » 2013 Football Class » JoJo Kemp has top six

There are six schools at the top on 2013 running back JoJo Kemp’s list, with USF being the favorite in his recruitment. The other five teams in his top six are West Virginia, Arizona State, Kentucky, Nebraska, and Pittsburgh. Florida International, SMU, Rutgers, Marshall, Temple, Western Kentucky, Duke, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Miami are also teams interested in the Deland, Florida all-purpose back.

5690768-300x199.jpg?9fc045

JoJo Kemp is a three-star back and one of the top 25 all-purpose backs in the country. The Deland High star is 5’10″, 190 pounds and runs a 4.67 forty. Kemp also owns a 4.37 shuttle time and has an impressive 35-inch vertical. He rushed for 1,013 yards and 12 touchdowns last season, and USF is the local front-runner in the top 100 in-state recruit.

About an average three-star recruit, Kemp would be a good fit for a school like USF, and they are the front-runner despite bigger programs being after him and in his top six. JoJo Kemp is a shifty, elusive back who does an excellent job of finding the hole. He is also a factor as a pass-catcher, which cannot be understated and is especially important in a conference like the Big East (Pittsburgh is also in his top six and is a BE squad).

Kemp has the right build for the position, and he is a really fun player to watch with his elusiveness and ability as a pass-catcher that is top-notch for the running back position. He is also extremely athletic, which makes up for only average speed. He isn’t the best pure rusher, but he is athletic and has a solid all-around game which can make him a quality depth guy or capable backup in the future. JoJo Kemp’s recruitment is certainly one to watch closely, especially with a top six and leader in place.

From a CFB recruiter

@BILLREEF Thanks Bill, and Jojo certainly is a "freak of nature" type player. 6.5 YPC and 14 TDs last year for Deland.

• Content Count:  957

I have a hard time believing JoJo Kemp only has 4.67 speed, based on what I've seen.

When I see teams like Nebraska, Pittsburgh and Miami on the list of schools interested in him...that's telling. Those teams know what they're doing at the tailback position. But I guess they haven't really offered. Only USF and Marshall have offered, is that right?

Edited by ckparrothead

22 offers. Incl. Neb, ASU, KY, WVU.

http://rivals.yahoo....ojo-Kemp-132607

Wouldn't put too much stock in that 4.67 number. Half the time they have the kids name, position or HS wrong.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Content Count:  957

Nebraska, Pittsburgh and Mississippi State all offered...that's a pretty good list for a tailback. Would love to see him choose South Florida.

Come on Down

JoJo Kemp ATH Deland Senior HS (FL) will camp at USF tomorrow. #nuc #bulls