• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JoJo Kemp RB Deland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Hmm, well I don't think you benefit from the recruiting class the moment it comes in...gotta give them some time to mature. But 2014 or 2015, for sure...should be competitive.

I like Tshumbi Johnson a lot. More than Xavier Richardson at the moment. He'll be interesting to watch. Have big hopes for Andre Davis. And of course Sean Price. Chris Dunkley will probably be a fairly good player but I don't know how physical he is and I'm not sure about his run after catch. I like JoJo Kemp. D'Vario Montgomery is solid. I don't know what to expect of Terrence Mitchell.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I like Tshumbi Johnson a lot. More than Xavier Richardson at the moment. He'll be interesting to watch. Have big hopes for Andre Davis. And of course Sean Price. Chris Dunkley will probably be a fairly good player but I don't know how physical he is and I'm not sure about his run after catch. I like JoJo Kemp. D'Vario Montgomery is solid. I don't know what to expect of Terrence Mitchell.

TE Mike McFarland put on some good weight and made some spectacular plays in the spring. He will be an impact player this year:

McFARLAND MOTORING ALONG

Tight end Mike McFarland is motoring along at a much different pace this spring.

The redshirt sophomore is enjoying the luxury of knowing the Bulls' system much better than he did last year as a newbie. The former Blake High School standout transferred from Florida in 2011 after redshirting the year before with the Gators and played right away as a Bull, mainly on special teams while logging in 12 games of experience.

"It's been a great process," he said. "I wouldn't change anything for the world. I'm obviously happy that I'm here, getting a chance to play with new guys, developing new friendships."

McFarland called this spring a "smoother process" than 2011 and the former four-star prospect is proving it on the field. Now that he knows the system, McFarland's next task is ironing out the minor details when it comes to technique and footwork under the watchful eye of new tight ends coach Peter Vaas.

"I just love the game. I'm willing to play any chance I can," he said. "This spring I feel more comfortable knowing the plays and everything. It should be a great experience."

Another adjustment the 6-foot-5 pass catcher has made is adding more size to fit USF's plan of using its tight ends in a more physical manner in 2012. McFarland has gone from playing in the range of 235 to 240 pounds to getting used to moving around at 245-250 this spring.

McFarland said he feels good with the added weight and enjoys using it in 1-on-1 drills against the Bulls' defensive linemen in practice.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

JOJO definitely looks like he's ready for USF showing some good explosive speed.

He'll be interesting to watch with McFarland as he's got a great frame and good size. But honestly I can't consider him the same level of recruit as Sean Price. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Andre Davis and D'Vario Montgomery should be the starters down the road, with D'Vario having some major NFL potential. Tshumbi Johnson should be a nice factor type run after catch player. Chris Dunkley an excellent route runner but probably not much of a big play dude. Sean Price will be interesting to watch. I bet McFarland ends up a pretty good blocker. Obviously JoJo Kemp seems a better recruit than Willie Davis.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924

I like how ppl tend to forget one of our most consistent YAC WR in Deonte Welch, be ready to see him catch a lot of balls this year. He's my X factor in this offense

I like how ppl tend to forget one of our most consistent YAC WR in Deonte Welch, be ready to see him catch a lot of balls this year. He's my X factor in this offense

They were just talking mostly about 4-star players, and that is probably why he hasn't been mentioned.

Though from an X factor standpoint, my vote would go to T-Rex. Hoping for a breakout year from him as a WR.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924

fair enough Mama but I really am drinking the Welch cool aid, just like Landi he was a former QB and understands how to bail out BJ in sticky situations. He won't make the flashy catch but he'll make that play that keeps the drive going

fair enough Mama but I really am drinking the Welch cool aid, just like Landi he was a former QB and understands how to bail out BJ in sticky situations. He won't make the flashy catch but he'll make that play that keeps the drive going

I was going to mention Landi as another important offensive weapon, who hasn't been discussed.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I was going to mention Landi as another important offensive weapon, who hasn't been discussed.

I love Landi on that quick out. He loves to run after the catch. that's his strength.