• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Harlan Be Interviewing?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Want to be clear.  We will keep our commitment to the 1/4 million dollar policy as tempting as it is to not do so. We try hard to keep our word and will.  But all other support is on the table. Fortunately USF Athletics is filled with great people and great coaches.  WBB coach JF, golf coach SB, Men's Soccer Coach BB are keeping us from bailing.  Hoping to get to know baseball coach BM better but Lelo and Kingston were both great.  And some former Bulls Club employees talked us down from the ledge and, rightfully, pointed out that what we do is supporting the student athletes. But we do feel disrespected at times.  It is a very small thing but we noticed this year that they don't run the names of Iron Bulls on those corner video boards any longer.  

Hang in there BB.  This program needs about 2k more folks like you.  Maybe one day soon I'll get there.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Want to be clear.  We will keep our commitment to the 1/4 million dollar policy as tempting as it is to not do so. We try hard to keep our word and will.  But all other support is on the table. Fortunately USF Athletics is filled with great people and great coaches.  WBB coach JF, golf coach SB, Men's Soccer Coach BB are keeping us from bailing.  Hoping to get to know baseball coach BM better but Lelo and Kingston were both great.  And some former Bulls Club employees talked us down from the ledge and, rightfully, pointed out that what we do is supporting the student athletes. But we do feel disrespected at times.  It is a very small thing but we noticed this year that they don't run the names of Iron Bulls on those corner video boards any longer.  

Sorry to hear that Bourbon. I am one alumnus who is deeply greatful for all that you and your wife do for the university. Thank you! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Sorry to hear that Bourbon. I am one alumnus who is deeply greatful for all that you and your wife do for the university. Thank you! 

And almost everyone there is as well.  

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for what you do, Bourbon. We met you in Chicago at the tailgate before the ND game, and you're bourbon fan! Gotta keep ya around.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:
10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Is Harlan a people person? Does he rub people the wrong way? I certainly think he is not open to criticism which is a major managerial issue. 

I think he's a "certain people" person.  

Apparently I'm not one of them. He got a little snippy with me. But then. Who doesn't? LOL

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

Apparently I'm not one of them. He got a little snippy with me. But then. Who doesn't? LOL

He did the same with me when I gave him a  complaint. Later he blocked me on Twitter. Oh well, maybe I will do better with the next guy...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

FWIW, Harlan has been nice to me and our tail gate group over the years. He came over and spoke with us a few times in Lot 6. Also, he was very nice to us at the Bulls Rally at Capogna's. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

57 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

FWIW, Harlan has been nice to me and our tail gate group over the years. He came over and spoke with us a few times in Lot 6. Also, he was very nice to us at the Bulls Rally at Capogna's. 

Clearly you've never "challenged" him. Try it sometime, might be fun to watch the personality change like a switch has been thrown.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

40 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Clearly you've never "challenged" him. Try it sometime, might be fun to watch the personality change like a switch has been thrown.

Asked him about OCS and BIG12 and he kind of gave the impression that both are real possibilities. Not sure what else I can challenge him on as I believe those are the two most important issues with the program.