• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Supporting USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Give to the Bulls Club in addition to what is required for your seats.

Join the Bulls Club even if you're somewhere that can't take advantage of season tickets. The minimum level amount is $100 and there is absolutely no legitimate reason every USF fan who posts on this board isn't a member. If you can't afford $8/month for something you're obviously passionate about you must be severely financially strapped and shouldn't be wasting time posting here ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Attend a USF event (like a play)

If anyone is interested in attending any events in the School of Theatre & Dance or School of Music let me know; I work for the College of the Arts. Contemporary Arts Museum is free, too! USF is putting on "Little Shop of Horrors" in October if you're into musicals; this is in addition to three other main stages and two main dance productions for the year!  

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Join the Bulls Club even if you're somewhere that can't take advantage of season tickets. The minimum level amount is $100 and there is absolutely no legitimate reason every USF fan who posts on this board isn't a member. If you can't afford $8/month for something you're obviously passionate about you must be severely financially strapped and shouldn't be wasting time posting here ...

This times thousands would make a difference. I would bet most on this board do donate, but if we could instill this in bulls friends and family it would change the culture.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I got a new computer science grad, that I didn't even know, a job offer for six-figures at one of the most prestigious companies in the world. I've done my part :224_monkey:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Ionbull said:

If anyone is interested in attending any events in the School of Theatre & Dance or School of Music let me know; I work for the College of the Arts. Contemporary Arts Museum is free, too! USF is putting on "Little Shop of Horrors" in October if you're into musicals; this is in addition to three other main stages and two main dance productions for the year!  

So that explains the "CoTA'' ....... probably should have figured that out on my own.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

I do believe that this thread is pin-worthy.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

A legacy donation is a great way to support your college.  You can do a dollar amount or a percentage of your estate.  My wife and I don't have any kids so we have committed a significant percentage of our estate.  It's very easy to do and I'm amazed in how grateful and appreciative USF has been to us.  We didn't do it for the perks (didn't know about them when we made the donation); but we are included in a lot of activities and events that most people never get the chance to do.   I know most people plan to keep their estate in the family; but you don't have to bequeath  your entire estate.  Just give/commit to what you feel comfortable with and remember you can't take it with you. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

58 minutes ago, BullTime said:

A legacy donation is a great way to support your college.  You can do a dollar amount or a percentage of your estate.  My wife and I don't have any kids so we have committed a significant percentage of our estate.  It's very easy to do and I'm amazed in how grateful and appreciative USF has been to us.  We didn't do it for the perks (didn't know about them when we made the donation); but we are included in a lot of activities and events that most people never get the chance to do.   I know most people plan to keep their estate in the family; but you don't have to bequeath  your entire estate.  Just give/commit to what you feel comfortable with and remember you can't take it with you. 

Great post!!  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I'm so glad this got bumped back up here.  It fell off the front page too fast.  In fact, I might make a page out of Mike's post.  There is a lot to do to help drive a program in the right direction.  Thanks to Mike for taking the time and utilizing his insight to encourage us all to find ways to help.  Complaining is easy, helping take a little more time, commitment, etc. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

I have taken the approach, as someone who lives out of town, to say hello to anyone who I see is wearing Bulls gear. I met a 2015 grad in Publix this afternoon who had a Bulls t-shirt on. He was thrilled that I talked him up and he, too, is pumped about this season. We should use the energy this season is generating to take advantage of spreading the word. And interesting....I had just put the decal we got with the season tickets on my truck when I drove to Publix and ran into the guy. Karma!