• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Summer Stampede with Strong & Gregory Set for June 21

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

It was a fun event... For those who also went yesterday, What was up with that ladies first question??? That was bizarre.

Coach Strong was off kilt after that one.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

10 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

It was a fun event... For those who also went yesterday, What was up with that ladies first question??? That was bizarre.

Coach Strong was off kilt after that one.

Someone needed to grab the microphone from her.  I mentioned to my wife that they need to get questions written down before hand and let Jim Lighthall, or someone, pick some out.  No filters on live mikes.  

Totally agree that they should filter out questions first. Don't think we will see that format again...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What was the question?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

What was the question?

Image result for do tell

Something about how he would try to prevent the same type of abusive culture that existed in the locker room 10 years ago... With lots of ranting about integrity of our players... 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just an observation.  CCS really doesn't seem to like, or isn't comfortable with, these type of events. Watched him while CBG took the stage first and his body language just made it appear that he really would rather be somewhere else - like on the practice field.  

Have to assume most coaches are like that .... but you really couldn't tell after he got up there he was that uncomfortable, though .... although he probably did wish to be somewhere else, somewhere with air conditioning.

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Someone needed to grab the microphone from her.  I mentioned to my wife that they need to get questions written down before hand and let Jim Lighthall, or someone, pick some out.  No filters on live mikes.  

1 hour ago, jasonb56 said:

Totally agree that they should filter out questions first. Don't think we will see that format again...

That wasn't supposed to be the format. Lighthall had a handful of questions on forms you could have filled out when you checked in. There was obviously a communication breakdown with CCS regarding that, even a couple of chairs set up on stage for them to sit while answering them. Would like to have seen CBG have a chance to answer any if there were some for him.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just an observation.  CCS really doesn't seem to like, or isn't comfortable with, these type of events. Watched him while CBG took the stage first and his body language just made it appear that he really would rather be somewhere else - like on the practice field.  

I remember back in 2011, I went to the USF vs. Louisville game in Louisville, and my buddy and I went to the Card Walk (or whatever the hell they call it) before the game, and Strong passed right by us.  He looked so uncomfortable.  

He may be one of those guys who is just at his best when he's in a football atmosphere around young people.  Nothing wrong with that.  However, every job has elements that people don't like too much.  Public events with fans may be that for CCS.  

26 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I remember back in 2011, I went to the USF vs. Louisville game in Louisville, and my buddy and I went to the Card Walk (or whatever the hell they call it) before the game, and Strong passed right by us.  He looked so uncomfortable.  

He may be one of those guys who is just at his best when he's in a football atmosphere around young people.  Nothing wrong with that.  However, every job has elements that people don't like too much.  Public events with fans may be that for CCS.  

I think CCS is just one of those guys who looks a lot more uncomfortable than he really is. I remember It was hard finding a pic of him smiling back during his hiring process ....