• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2017 Bowl Game Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Picked this up on the AAC board. Interestingly, the Birmingham Bowl and St. Pete Bowl have been moved to before Christmas. That is good news for St. Pete Bowl as they had the worst date (day after Christmas) for out of towners to attend. Oh, and yes I know, our bowls suck.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footbal...-channels/

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks for sharing & yes they do.  Here is to not having to worry about the AAC bowl games & an undefeated season.:GoBulls:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Picked this up on the AAC board. Interestingly, the Birmingham Bowl and St. Pete Bowl have been moved to before Christmas. That is good news for St. Pete Bowl as they had the worst date (day after Christmas) for out of towners to attend. Oh, and yes I know, our bowls suck.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footbal...-channels/

The bowl games before Christmas are bad too because a lot of people take the week between Christmas and New Year's off ... but the 26th is THE worst date because it basically involves traveling on the 25th.

Do we know yet which NY6 bowl is stuck with the G5 team this year?

It appears that the Peach and Fiesta are the two. They would choose the closet university to their location. Thus, if we are fortunate to be selected for NYD game it would be the Peach (which would be the first bowl game in the new stadium). 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It appears that the Peach and Fiesta are the two. They would choose the closet university to their location. Thus, if we are fortunate to be selected for NYD game it would be the Peach (which would be the first bowl game in the new stadium). 

If that's the case, we may actually have a great chance of a good turnout if things go our way ...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

As much as I hate a bowl game before Christmas at least all of the times and days make sense. Frsico Bowl (old Miami Beach Bowl) could still be on a random Monday in the afternoon as its' still TBD but the rest are at least at night if it's on a weekday or on a weekend.

The one thing I noticed that sucks is the Peach Bowl (Jan. 1: 12:30) is the only NY6 bowl game that has to compete with another bowl game (Outback (Jan. 1: Noon) and Buffalo Wild Wings (Jan. 1: 1pm) . 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

:puke:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Guess we start planning on NY Eve in the Big Easy, right?

37 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

As much as I hate a bowl game before Christmas at least all of the times and days make sense. Frsico Bowl (old Miami Beach Bowl) could still be on a random Monday in the afternoon as its' still TBD but the rest are at least at night if it's on a weekday or on a weekend.

The one thing I noticed that sucks is the Peach Bowl (Jan. 1: 12:30) is the only NY6 bowl game that has to compete with another bowl game (Outback (Jan. 1: Noon) and Buffalo Wild Wings (Jan. 1: 1pm) . 

Good point but I won't personally care about the other games as I will be at the Peach Bowl.

:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The early bowl games are actually a disadvantage for the teams, as it limits the amount of practice time a team can get in prior to the bowl game. The benefit for a program is the ability to focus on developing your younger players and turning an eye toward the following season, having a bowl game on December 16th greatly impairs that ability. 

• Upvote 1