• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Funny, I'd prefer the old Big East to the current conference. We were still that start up back then and by your logic Ray Jay was ok for us then but now that we are in a second tier conference it's not ok for us? 

I've been to USF games where Ray Jay was electric; but you know we were a start up then compared to now so...

Crying over the Big East is like Memphis fans crying over the Metro Conference...pointless as those days are long gone.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

Crying over the Big East is like Memphis fans crying over the Metro Conference...pointless as those days are long gone.

No one's is crying. I'm just pointing out a flaw in your logic that now that we have a shot at access bowls we need an OCS but when we had a shot at actual National Championships Ray Jay was fine and dandy.

Just now, 206BULL said:

No one's is crying. I'm just pointing out a flaw in your logic that now that we have a shot at access bowls we need an OCS but when we had a shot at actual National Championships Ray Jay was fine and dandy.

There is no flaw as USF never consistently sold out Ray Jay...even in the 'mighty' BE...USF was just an upstart who went from D1 Indy to BCS conference in 5 years...that's the definition of upstart program...now you're in a position of stability in the AAC coming off back to back bowls.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

There is no flaw as USF never consistently sold out Ray Jay...even in the 'mighty' BE...USF was just an upstart who went from D1 Indy to BCS conference in 5 years...that's the definition of upstart program...now you're in a position of stability in the AAC coming off back to back bowls.

52 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

...you're in the AAC where teams can earn Peach and Fiesta Bowl bids...

Sure as **** seemes like you're saying because we are in the AAC we need an OCS here. I was just pointing out we've been in better conferences and played in Ray Jay at a time when you seemed it was ok for us to be playing there. Seems flawed to me but what do I know about USF, crowds at Ray Jay and what the school should put the money I donate to it every year towards? 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I thought it was the amateur nature and the love of the game that made it college football!!!

Image result for donald trump wrong

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Where does the money come from?

Same as FAU and UCF. From corporate naming right, seat licenses, luxury box sales, and an increase in student fees. (from your base of over 45,000 students)

and of course, ticket sales.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Sure as **** seemes like you're saying because we are in the AAC we need an OCS here. I was just pointing out we've been in better conferences and played in Ray Jay at a time when you seemed it was ok for us to be playing there. Seems flawed to me but what do I know about USF, crowds at Ray Jay and what the school should put the money I donate to it every year towards? 

ah, more hostility. you would be incorrect as I was simply pointing out your are now stable in the AAC as opposed to bouncing around from Indy to CUSA to the BE to the AAC.

the fact you buy season tickets or give money doesn't make you the sole arbiter of opinions when it comes to USF athletics, nor does it alter my opinion that USF would be better served by an on-campus stadium built on land USF already owns.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Who would have thought that the strongest OCS proponent on this board is a Memphis fan...

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, UofMemphis said:

ah, more hostility. you would be incorrect as I was simply pointing out your are now stable in the AAC as opposed to bouncing around from Indy to CUSA to the BE to the AAC.

the fact you buy season tickets or give money doesn't make you the sole arbiter of opinions when it comes to USF athletics, nor does it alter my opinion that USF would be better served by an on-campus stadium built on land USF already owns.

Question. Does U Memphis own the Liberty Bowl & is it located on your Campus?

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

Who would have thought that the strongest OCS proponent on this board is a Memphis fan...

it's because we want one, and can't have one...

Just now, TyBull said:

Question. Does U Memphis own the Liberty Bowl & is it located on your Campus?

nope, Memphis does not have room on campus...as I've stated we have the 'Park Ave Campus' where other athletic fields are, but it's still 1 mile from the main campus, while the Liberty Bowl is only 2 miles away.

so essentially Memphis would be paying 100 million to move to a stadium that's still a mile from campus.

(link with pics)

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/110490-ocs/?do=findComment&comment=1522486