• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This group went 16-20 in three years at WKU. So that means we're going 10-2 this year now that the gang is back together again.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

WKU, the gateway to USF athletics...

Willie Taggart, Raymond Woodie (LB), Donte Pimpleton (RBs), Alonzo Hampton (DBs), Eric Mathies (DLine), Stu Holt (Special Teams). Don't bring in diversity or anything Willie. Stick to bringing in guys that will be "yes men" and follow your lead.

Willie using those Holtz tactics...

Like Willie really had much of a choice after his latest RB hire ducked out and left for ND. Spring is dead and gone and we went through it without a coach. I doubt Pimpleton was really his first (or second) choice. 

And I don't think Woodie was a bad pickup. I'll say this as well: You can't blame a coach for wanting to bring in some of his own guys. He knows how they work, he already gets along with them, and they most likely share similar taste in coaching philosophy. What's not to love? 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

This group went 16-20 in three years at WKU. So that means we're going 10-2 this year now that the gang is back together again.

I want some of what you are drinking

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Willie Taggart, Raymond Woodie (LB), Donte Pimpleton (RBs), Alonzo Hampton (DBs), Eric Mathies (DLine), Stu Holt (Special Teams). Don't bring in diversity or anything Willie. Stick to bringing in guys that will be "yes men" and follow your lead.

Like Willie really had much of a choice after his latest RB hire ducked out and left for ND. Spring is dead and gone and we went through it without a coach. I doubt Pimpleton was really his first (or second) choice. 

And I don't think Woodie was a bad pickup. I'll say this as well: You can't blame a coach for wanting to bring in some of his own guys. He knows how they work, he already gets along with them, and they most likely share similar taste in coaching philosophy. What's not to love? 

Especially a relatively young one with not much time in the field to have built a large network of contacts like the longer tenured .... This is just another case of the "looking for stupid, nit picking **** to whine about" syndrome. The most important positions were filled from outside of  Willie's World.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Was definitely sarcasm

Especially a relatively young one with not much time in the field to have built a large network of contacts like the longer tenured .... This is just another case of the "looking for stupid, nit picking **** to whine about" syndrome. The most important positions were filled from outside of  Willie's World.

Hahaha chill the **** out man. He's brought in a lot of guys from WKU, that's all. So far it hasn't worked. I think we can agree with that? I love the Allen signing and it doesn't really matter who he brings in for offense because Taggart is going to run the offense just like he always has. I'm sure all of these guys are very good coaches or they wouldn't be where they are today. Woodie was a fantastic pickup and I'm glad he's around. 

Let's not act like Taggart doesn't have the resources to do some research and find out who has had a top running game in some lower conferences recently and go that route though. I like the way Rick Pitino looks at it. He tells his assistant coaches I want you to disagree with me. If you always agree with me why are you here? That may be the case with Taggart too, from where I'm standing it doesn't look that way but I really don't know crap about it. It's just me assuming which I'm allowed to do. 

Stop taking things so serious and let people talk/shoot the breeze without thinking it's "whining". 

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Was definitely sarcasm

No s---- Sherlock

Was definitely sarcasm

No s---- Sherlock

Haha woah my B. Seemed like you didn't realize it since you asked to have some of what he was drinking..

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

That escalated quickly...