• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Semi-Finals vs Tulane

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Terrible technical by the Tulane coach

I thought the same at first. Then I considered it made sense. She needed to vent on a borderline call. She also needed to demonstrate her fight for the team. Tulane is a post season team. Probably NIT.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

FWIW, there was an interesting observation, from a UConn fan about the USF and Tulane team members watching their game against ECU.

"I sat next to the USF team and a handful of the Tulane players during the UConn game. The Tulane players were laid back doing their text thing and listening to their tunes with earbuds. Very little response to what was going on in the game.

The USF players were very engaged, applauding and cheering for good plays by both teams.

I don't know if that means anything, but I found it interesting that the teams seemed so different."

I could attempt to analyze that, but won't. LOL

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

an amazing year

they have  a lot to be proud of

hope usf is taking care of this coach.the one coach that wins

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

FWIW, there was an interesting observation, from a UConn fan about the USF and Tulane team members watching their game against ECU.

"I sat next to the USF team and a handful of the Tulane players during the UConn game. The Tulane players were laid back doing their text thing and listening to their tunes with earbuds. Very little response to what was going on in the game.

The USF players were very engaged, applauding and cheering for good plays by both teams.

I don't know if that means anything, but I found it interesting that the teams seemed so different."

I could attempt to analyze that, but won't. LOL

I believe this is something we should attribute to CJF for creating a culture and an attitude, as well as a message that he's instilled into his players. I could be getting into this deeper than anyone should but simple science says, we were engaged, we won = maybe Tulane should follow suit. Lol our culture of women's basketball players wins.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

Man.  Sucks that we have to play UConn for a shot at the title.  Its great that we get to play for a title and I'm so proud of this team. These girls deserve to win this conference.

But its still UConn.  XD  Maybe we get a miracle?  I can hope. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

an amazing year

they have  a lot to be proud of

hope usf is taking care of this coach.the one coach that wins

:facepalm:

Terrible technical by the Tulane coach

I thought the same at first. Then I considered it made sense. She needed to vent on a borderline call. She also needed to demonstrate her fight for the team. Tulane is a post season team. Probably NIT.

Under the circumstances, at that point, late in a tight game, especially one so important, it was a terrible technical ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We did outscore UConn in the 2nd half,  (35-34) in the last game.

UConn fans have taken notice. LOL

Wbbfan1, 29 minutes ago on The Boneyard

"Team should remember USF played UConn even in the 2nd half of last weeks game. USF will go into the game believing they can beat UConn."

Stanford DID beat them. We won't go in believing we will win, we will go in KNOWING we will win. :D

ECU's (a team that unfortunately beat us) 50 point loss makes our 23 point loss that much more respectable than it already was vs the giant that is UCONN.

Their victory margin for the year against ALL teams is 43.

Against AAC teams their margin is 50+!

So, tonight was the norm for them. LOL

Only Stanford, ND, and St' Johns played them closer than we did this year.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The Bulls did just enough to win. I think there was a bit of the look-ahead factor going on with UCONN waiting in the wings. When they needed key stops and shots, we had what it takes to put a fringe tournament team like Tulane away at the end. 

I will say CJF out-coached the HC from Tulane down the stretch. Excellent use of timeouts from the 3:40 mark down to the wire. Also, the technical foul on the Tulane coach was INEXCUSABLE! She let her emotions get the best of her and virtually eliminated any chance that they had of finishing off the comeback. I also watched the post-game handshakes and she was not very gracious in defeat. 

Tonight, hopefully the 3rd time is the charm! 

The Bulls did just enough to win. I think there was a bit of the look-ahead factor going on with UCONN waiting in the wings. When they needed key stops and shots, we had what it takes to put a fringe tournament team like Tulane away at the end. 

I will say CJF out-coached the HC from Tulane down the stretch. Excellent use of timeouts from the 3:40 mark down to the wire. Also, the technical foul on the Tulane coach was INEXCUSABLE! She let her emotions get the best of her and virtually eliminated any chance that they had of finishing off the comeback. I also watched the post-game handshakes and she was not very gracious in defeat. 

Tonight, hopefully the 3rd time is the charm! 

If we have a charm we can cash in on, let's save it for the 4th time ....