• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seth Greenberg and Jim Leavitt

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

"Kids dont grow up wanting to play basketball for South Florida" - Seth Greenberg. 

Telling it how it is, he couldve recruited with the right backing. 

Don't put quote marks around something that's not a quote ...

I thought it WAS a quote. What did he actually say then?

"In South Florida, kids don't go to sleep dreaming about being Bulls. I think there's some kids that dream about being Hokies, though."  http://articles.latimes.com/2003/apr/04/sports/sp-ncaanotes4

Of course, the hilariously ironic part of that .... Stephen Curry.

What, did he want to be a Hokie and Seth passed on him, so he went to Davidson?

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/seth-greenbergs-two-big-mistakes-virginia-tech

Kind of a 20/20 hindsight thing but if a Bradley, Dobras or Atkins ever wants to come here, I would hope to hell we take a chance with a schollie offer ..... unless he/she is totally inept.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

"Kids dont grow up wanting to play basketball for South Florida" - Seth Greenberg. 

"In South Florida, kids don't go to sleep dreaming about being Bulls. I think there's some kids that dream about being Hokies, though."  http://articles.latimes.com/2003/apr/04/sports/sp-ncaanotes4

What, did he want to be a Hokie and Seth passed on him, so he went to Davidson?

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/seth-greenbergs-two-big-mistakes-virginia-tech

Kind of a 20/20 hindsight thing but if a Bradley, Dobras or Atkins ever wants to come here, I would hope to hell we take a chance with a schollie offer ..... unless he/she is totally inept.

Wow. Just wow.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Seth is nothing special as a coach...but I like him in his current role on ESPN. I can't see a situation where he would ever help USF to be successful.

It was mistake to show Leavitt the door the way they did, he was far and away the most successful football coach...I would like to see him back (hypothetically, of course.) 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Seth was a great promoter...he is in the right line of work and I would recommend he resist all enticements and he will.

His Xs and Os were suspect.  I never bought into him being a good coach.  Had some success recruiting but in my humble opinion, not a floor guy.

No thanks. 

He did a lot for us, but as is so often true at the house of blues, we didn't do anything to take advantage of it.

Would have liked to have seen what he could have done here with the BE tag, and then later, the Muma Center. At VT, he went to the postseason 6 out of 8 years and won at least one game each time so he was doing something right ......... Of Course, it could have been all Hokie dreamin players and nothing to do with him.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Seth worked hard at recruiting; he was good at it back in the day. That team that went to Syracuse and got blown out was very talented.

But he couldn't coach very well. Otherwise, he'd still be coaching.

Men's bball and football are pretty bad right now. But it's still better than the days when Seth was still at USF. And it's certainly better than when Leavitt just started football with walk-ons.

I don't know how long it will take, but both programs win again (NCAA Tournament for bball and Bowling/Ranking for football).

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

"But it's still better than the days when Seth was still at USF."

I meant USF athletics as a whole, not just men's bball -including facilities, etc.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Not a chance I'd hire that guy back. That is a garbage comment from a garbage person. Hopefully he isn't even allowed on campus!

Not a chance I'd hire that guy back. That is a garbage comment from a garbage person. Hopefully he isn't even allowed on campus!

The thing is, I agree with Seth. In South Florida, they probably go to sleep dreaming about being Hurricanes ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The thing is, I agree with Seth. In South Florida, they probably go to sleep dreaming about being Hurricanes ...

:drummer: