• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Number 3 Recruiting Class in the Country

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The only men's program worth a ****. I know golf is pretty good but how many of us walk 18 holes to watch?

Men's tennis is also worth a ****. Ranked #25, with the #9 Doubles team and #22 Single player ...... All with probably the worse athletic facilities of all sports.

But arguably one of the better climates for playing tennis year-round, and finding local competition is rarely an issue for a serious player.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

looks good but they need to win something

We won the AAC Championships last year in Men's Soccer, and both Men's and Women's Tennis.

Mot bad considering there were 10 teams and only 17 sports

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone feel like starting a thread to show that USF has many sports programs that are successful recently, and that some of our fickle fans are full of Dark Side POOP when they complain about the state if USF Sports?  The ones off the top of my head that are annually mostly successful: Women's BB, Women's Soccer, Women's Softball, Men's Golf, Men's Tennis, Men's Trank & Field.  Our Football program will catch up soon, and our BB team was just in the NCAA Tournament a few years ago and will return there soon as well.  Gotta give it time!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

The only men's program worth a ****. I know golf is pretty good but how many of us walk 18 holes to watch?

Men's tennis is also worth a ****. Ranked #25, with the #9 Doubles team and #22 Single player ...... All with probably the worse athletic facilities of all sports.

But arguably one of the better climates for playing tennis year-round, and finding local competition is rarely an issue for a serious player.

We're arguably one of the better climates for playing baseball year-round, too, and hows that worked out for us ...  but that is a good point and you'd figure the top 50 or so would be littered with teams from Florida. Reality, though, is that there's only 3, #14 UF/ #22 USF/ #32 FSU. Next highest are the Kanigits at #67. All I know is whenever I drive by the tennis "complex", the building looks exactly like a City of Tampa Rec Dept concrete bunker I remember from my youth

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

You're absolutely right, of course. It doesn't look very modern at all. I was just brainstorming on why we'd otherwise be an attractive destination. There's even more high-level competitors south of our area, so my argument only holds a little water. Alls I know is, I'm glad they're choosing to be Bulls. ;)

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Tyler Junior College has been very good to Keifer the last few seasons. I believe we snagged Dom Dwyer from there, if my memory hasn't gone all Alzheimer's yet.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

looks good but they need to win something

We won the AAC Championships last year in Men's Soccer, and both Men's and Women's Tennis.

Mot bad considering there were 10 teams and only 17 sports

i meant on a national scale where the nation takes notice

thanks for the correction

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

Anyone feel like starting a thread to show that USF has many sports programs that are successful recently, and that some of our fickle fans are full of Dark Side POOP when they complain about the state if USF Sports?  The ones off the top of my head that are annually mostly successful: Women's BB, Women's Soccer, Women's Softball, Men's Golf, Men's Tennis, Men's Trank & Field.  Our Football program will catch up soon, and our BB team was just in the NCAA Tournament a few years ago and will return there soon as well.  Gotta give it time!!!

usf succeeds in sports most people dont care about but we are the worst in sports people do care about

how many ncaa championships has  usf won  in the 6 sports you mentioned?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Only national championship I recall is the girls swim team that was subsequently shut down. I don't think they even swam at NCAA division 1A level.

Other than that, I believe the softball run a couple of years ago was the deepest we have gotten in any sport to end the year.

#2 ranking in football and I believe in soccer to start the year were the best in-season rankings.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

USF won the Cricket National Championship back in March 2014. In the last six years they have placed in the finals 4 times. It was the first time an American College Cricket national championship tournament was broadcast live on ESPN. Just letting people know, USF has one national championship team to be proud of. Go Bulls!