• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another athletic department squeeze

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Many schools offer free tickets for anyone to softball games. I get selling seats to pay for the stadium, but $65 a seat, even for 30ish games is steep. It's NCAA softball...

Edited by Joe

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Many schools offer free tickets for anyone to softball games. I get selling seats to pay for the stadium, but $65 a seat, even for 30ish games is steep. It's NCAA softball...

That's a joke right?? $2 a game is steep??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

So I last went to baseball games with any sort of regularity like four or five years ago. When I was going then, there was a group of losers (in the old stadium of course) who sat directly behind home plate and yelled nonstop at the ump, players, and anyone else they could think of. They had some cute, affectionate nickname for themselves, but I can't remember what. They never shut up, they were really loud (unnecessarily so in a stadium that usually had about 30 people in it), and were often vulgar. The worst part was probably how hilarious they mistakenly thought they were. Do these jerks still do this at every game?

Are you talking about "The Office"?  They sit on the 1st base side now.  Haven't noticed anything vulgar.  They do the "left, right, left, right" thing when a guy strikes out.  Their numbers are down.

(1) I'll go on a limb and say few go to every game.

(2) it's college softball, purchasing 2 tickets for $130 is a hefty price for the product, especially when compared to what other schools charge.

I'll bet the numbers of season tickets sold aren't high.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Yikes

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Our softball attendance is pretty good.

The softball "product" has certainly been worth more than $2 per ticket per game for a while.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

(2) it's college softball, purchasing 2 tickets for $130 is a hefty price for the product, especially when compared to what other schools charge.

What do other schools charge?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

I mean with the all the Regionals we have made in the last 12 years I can see raising tickets astronomically from last year. Oh wait.........Sorry that is softball. We have been only playing baseball since 1999 per GOUSFBULLS.COM....In reality the best teams we have ever had are well before that. Another example of how half ass our athletic department is/was/has been

What do other schools charge?

In state.

Florida : Free

FSU: Free

UCF: $30

FAU: $30

FIU: $30

Conference:

ECU: $35

Memphis : Free (it looks like that)

Tulane: Free

Houston: $75

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

So I last went to baseball games with any sort of regularity like four or five years ago. When I was going then, there was a group of losers (in the old stadium of course) who sat directly behind home plate and yelled nonstop at the ump, players, and anyone else they could think of. They had some cute, affectionate nickname for themselves, but I can't remember what. They never shut up, they were really loud (unnecessarily so in a stadium that usually had about 30 people in it), and were often vulgar. The worst part was probably how hilarious they mistakenly thought they were. Do these jerks still do this at every game?

Are you talking about "The Office"?  They sit on the 1st base side now.  Haven't noticed anything vulgar.  They do the "left, right, left, right" thing when a guy strikes out.  Their numbers are down.

Yes that was them. Thanks for the info.