• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF WBB vs. ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Noticed nobody had posted a thread about the game. USF up 32-26 early in the 2nd half.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114

USF wins 69-62 after a brief ECU run. Good win for the Lady Bulls. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Thanks for the good news, let's hope the dudes follow the same way!

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

If we can win the next 4 that might help us in confidence with the uconn game. I still think we can win all but 2 of the conference games and those are the uconn games

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It was a tough game.  The ECU Pirates were very, very aggressive defensively against our girls.  Again, we missed some baskets which we should have made, and seemed to a problem getting the offensive rebounds after the missed baskets.  During the first period ECU had a bunch of fouls.  USF had a bunch during the second period but managed to get the points anyway.  It was a close game from start to finish.  We needed that win desperately.

We also need to win out over Tulsa and at least one of the two games against Connecticut in order to be in contention for consideration for the NCAA tourney.

Truth be told, I prefer watching the ladies over the men.  LOL

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698

We also need to win out over Tulsa and at least one of the two games against Connecticut in order to be in contention for consideration for the NCAA tourney.

We don't need a win over UCONN at this point. A win over UCONN throws us into the TOP 20 but it's not a requirement for the tournament. We have a very tough OOC schedule and have been proven winners since the start. A win helps but not necessary. We're already a Top 35 team. Just keep winning the games we're supposed to win and we'll be fine come tournament time.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

It is going to be tough for USF to make the tourny with mess ups in AAC play. Got to dominate with the exception of UConn. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It is going to be tough for USF to make the tourny with mess ups in AAC play. Got to dominate with the exception of UConn. 

I agree.  Unless we dominate within the conference I don't see us being invited to the dance.  Also, I don't believe we really have many OOC opponents left to play who have sufficient ranking to help boost us into consideration.  Of course, if I am wrong, someone will be certain to tell me.  LOL 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

I agree.  Unless we dominate within the conference I don't see us being invited to the dance.  Also, I don't believe we really have many OOC opponents left to play who have sufficient ranking to help boost us into consideration.  Of course, if I am wrong, someone will be certain to tell me.  LOL 

So with this all said, USF must finish 2nd to UConn. They did beat Chatanooga that should help. The St Johns game would have been a good win but let that get away. There really has not been any bad losses and I hope USF does not have any bad losses the rest of the way.