• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There may be some news

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Like I said, Key assistant coaches

But what do I know.....

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Collin saying it could be more than these 3.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone think Cooper got the ax for personality differences with Taggart. Cooper has been successful in previous stops, no?

Anyone think Cooper got the ax for personality differences with Taggart. Cooper has been successful in previous stops, no?

He got fired from the Bucs.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Anyone think Cooper got the ax for personality differences with Taggart. Cooper has been successful in previous stops, no?[/

He also was fantastic at lsu. I would not have fired him but he was probably getting loud about how soft his dbs were forced to play. Doubt taggart or bresnahan liked that.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

As to Taggart, he keeps flailing & firing.  I believe if he can't make it work next season, with his recruits in place and replacing most coaches, it will be painfully obvious to everyone not named Taggart...he's the common demoninator.  Hoping he succeeds, as winning again is more important than being right about Taggart.

Its obvious that Taggart is the common denominator

Hence, to "everyone not named Taggart".  I wasn't thrilled about the hire, thinking we were taking the low cost risk, but wanted to trust our brass.  He pulled in a pretty decent recruiting class, which gave me more hope.  Then...McNeese State.  As time wears on, we realize it wasn't a fluke, especially after nearly losing to WKU.

Under Taggart, we are a dangerously close to being 0-24.  With each passing game, he seems more clueness.  Now, he cleans house.  A little part of me is worried AD Harlan isn't seeing the obvious.  If that's the case, we may not need an OCS.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I just don't know if we can afford anyone that's proven AND good. Other P5 schools pay their OC more than we pay our head coach.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Defense didn't need so much house cleaning. If the offense could score more than 17 and stay on the feild, our defense played well enough to win us many games.

It's pretty easy to change offense away from the power run. The spread is popular because it is easier to learn and doesn't take hours of study that players don't have. NFL players get full time to study plays. College kids get 20 hours of practice, then a full time classes, then don't have much time to learn really complex schemes and watch film. That is a major reason most college schemes are a lot simpler than NFL. NFL guys have way more time to dedicate to learning complex systems.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

As to Taggart, he keeps flailing & firing.  I believe if he can't make it work next season, with his recruits in place and replacing most coaches, it will be painfully obvious to everyone not named Taggart...he's the common demoninator.  Hoping he succeeds, as winning again is more important than being right about Taggart.

Its obvious that Taggart is the common denominator

Hence, to "everyone not named Taggart".  I wasn't thrilled about the hire, thinking we were taking the low cost risk, but wanted to trust our brass.  He pulled in a pretty decent recruiting class, which gave me more hope.  Then...McNeese State.  As time wears on, we realize it wasn't a fluke, especially after nearly losing to WKU.

Under Taggart, we are a dangerously close to being 0-24.  With each passing game, he seems more clueness.  Now, he cleans house.  A little part of me is worried AD Harlan isn't seeing the obvious.  If that's the case, we may not need an OCS.

I agree with you

There are like 5 teams filling staff. Good luck Taggart finding quality assistants to save your job.