• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anybody else kinda hoping tcu and baylor get left out?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

USF has no chance in the Big1210 in its current state.

The CFP was correct on excluding a Championship gameless conference. 

The Big1210 should take a lesson. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Respectfully disagree Bear; from a business standpoint, we make sense as a long term investment. I strongly feel we bring more to the table than schools like Iowa State

USF may be down in FB, but BB looks bright, our other sports are solid, and from academics and research, we are doing a hell of a job

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

Respectfully disagree Bear; from a business standpoint, we make sense as a long term investment. I strongly feel we bring more to the table than schools like Iowa State

USF may be down in FB, but BB looks bright, our other sports are solid, and from academics and research, we are doing a hell of a job

You need to tell this to the Big10 commission

Cincy and UCF are making the same argument -- with results to show.

USF is taking a lot of chances (with ADs, Coaches, with the program) -- hopefully, it pays off

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Fully agree man

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Cincy can make the strongest case for an invite IMO--the ROI is already evident. From there, the field gets a little muddier and you'd have to develop (spin) some compelling cases to get the nod.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

You need to tell this to the Big10 commission

Cincy and UCF are making the same argument -- with results to show.

USF is taking a lot of chances (with ADs, Coaches, with the program) -- hopefully, it pays off

I guess one positive thing about USF's situation is that Harlan is good friends with TCU and TEXAS AD's. Also, I hope Judy has a good relationship with WVU. Wondering if OU still cares for USF since LRS built so much here. I believe OKIE ST may be on our side from the games that we have scheduled with them. Someone mentioned that the KU AD has USF ties. Kansas St may still be pissed at USF for the Leavitt situation. Not sure where Texas Tech, Baylor, Iowa St, stand on USF. I am just grasping at straws here as I know those ten schools in the BIG 12 will have to vote on expansion. Hope Judy and Harlan pull a miracle. 

Cincy can make the strongest case for an invite IMO--the ROI is already evident. From there, the field gets a little muddier and you'd have to develop (spin) some compelling cases to get the nod.

Maybe Cincy will voucher for USF since we have a long standing relationship with them. UL was one of our biggest supporters to get USF in the BIG EAST after BC left. So maybe UC will do the same??

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Maybe Cincy will voucher for USF since we have a long standing relationship with them. UL was one of our biggest supporters to get USF in the BIG EAST after BC left. So maybe UC will do the same??

A strategy of "hope"

Seems like all we got.

• Upvote 1

A strategy of "hope"

Seems like all we got.

That is all we really had to help get us in the BIG EAST. I hope USF fans understand that it was nothing short of a miracle for USF to get into a BCS conference that fast. Now we have USF fans thinking we are a shoe in to get into a P5 conference. We are no where near that in my opinion.  Things change, USF flushed their rise down the toilet with their handling of Leavitt and other things. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

We really need to hope that they don't expand in the next season or 2 because there is no chance they're taking us over UCONN (bball), Cincy, or UCF right now..