• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Facts: CWT W-L Record is 6-18. One win against

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I don't get how anyone can defend Taggs in terms of his coaching. He might be a good RECRUITER (jury is still out) but there is NO WAY anyone can truthfully say he is a good COACH

Leavitt was a pisspoor gameday coach against conference foes, but he was better than Skippy, and Skippy was better than Taggs

As for a practice coach, I haven't watched them, so I can't say, but Taggs players really look like they don't know what to do most of the time

As for a motivating coach, we're likely to never again see the likes of The Jim. Again, I'd have to say Skippy was better than Taggs

As for using the resources he had, and getting the most out of them, again it is Jim, Skippy, and Taggs, and it's not even close

Taggs is the worst coach we've ever had, completely indefensible. As a COACH, Skippy was not much better, but he was better

I agree with just about all of that except motivation. Skip Holtz couldn't motivate me to get off my couch to get a bag of potato chips.

He sure has his team in La motivated. Might end the year top 25.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I don't get how anyone can defend Taggs in terms of his coaching. He might be a good RECRUITER (jury is still out) but there is NO WAY anyone can truthfully say he is a good COACH

Leavitt was a pisspoor gameday coach against conference foes, but he was better than Skippy, and Skippy was better than Taggs

As for a practice coach, I haven't watched them, so I can't say, but Taggs players really look like they don't know what to do most of the time

As for a motivating coach, we're likely to never again see the likes of The Jim. Again, I'd have to say Skippy was better than Taggs

As for using the resources he had, and getting the most out of them, again it is Jim, Skippy, and Taggs, and it's not even close

Taggs is the worst coach we've ever had, completely indefensible. As a COACH, Skippy was not much better, but he was better

I agree with just about all of that except motivation. Skip Holtz couldn't motivate me to get off my couch to get a bag of potato chips.

And Taggs can?

The only thing either of them ever motivated me to do was scream at the telly. Just ask the others at the watch parties, LOL

True. I'm not claiming Taggart can motivate with the best of them. I just can't imagine him being worse than Mr. Compete.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The only thing Tags motivates me to do is vomit.  The team never looks motivated- have been to a few Bulls stampedes this year and it was almost as if they were going to a funeral

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477

Taggart needs at least one, if not 2, more years. Bowl eligibility was a pipe dream this year, next year it should be the goal

He may get one more year. I doubt he gets his 4th season if he does not improve on 4-8. 5-7 might get him his 4th if those losses are competitive. I know it does not seem fair to the coach to have just 3 seasons to correct the Holtz New Error, but this is a new AD and Harlan may not trust that CWT can get the job done. If it was the AD that hired CWT then he would have a better chance at getting a 4th season.

You people love to blame Holtz, mainly because he is the one who followed Leavitt, but he actually coached games where he beat major programs:

• Cincinnati
    • Rutgers
    • Miami
    • Clemson - our last bowl game 

• Notre Dame
Ok, from that point the wheels fell of Holtz's bus.  However, many of those losses were close.  Taggart would not even sniff a win against any of those teams.  The excuse that "those were Leavitt's recruits" does not apply, because as far as I know, the players were not coaching themselves.  Also,several high profile high school coaches in the area publicly stated that they would recommend their players not sign with USF after USF fired Leavitt.  Holtz had a hard enough time following up after Leavitt, and that did not help at all.

Sure firing Leavitt was the initial error, if you discount the premise that all he had to do was not try to cover up his actions and just say "I'm sorry" and he would have kept his job.  However, firing Holtz was the second major error.  It stank of DW desperate to save face.  Instead it backfired in our face.  CWT was what, 7-5 in his last season at WKU?  That is not an "up and coming" coach in my book.

And to see that USF had bigger wins when Holtz was the coach then what CWT has had is very discouraging to all of us USF fans. Seems that we traded a coach that is better game day coach ( that can win some big games) for a coach with little experience but can recruit good. We have to get it right on the next hire if there is going to be one.

Holtz got to play with Leavitt's players; Taggart has had to play with Holtz's. Tough spot for CWT to be.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I am still waiting for Willie to get a good win. Right now some of us are just content to beat the spread and still lose lol...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

I think the Syracuse game is big next year. If we don't win that a 1-3 start is likely and the grumblings will just get louder.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I think the Syracuse game is big next year. If we don't win that a 1-3 start is likely and the grumblings will just get louder.

Or 0-4. We have do have FAMU coming in to our house, and we aren't in any position to assume it's a win until 0:00.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

In 24 games he has not had one win you could feel good about.  Yet, we should have faith he can turn this around.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

In 24 games he has not had one win you could feel good about.  Yet, we should have faith he can turn this around.

At the risk of offending Triple B, I agree with you.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

At the risk of offending Triple B, I agree with you.

He won't be offended, he will be elated that his predictive power is so strong! :D