• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

APR by Year/Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

If you start paying college athletes then I'm out for good.  I have watched through my many, many years the prostituting of the college game for money. If a full scholarship for an athlete isn't enough compensation ( as a guess maybe worth $30K - $40K per year) for playing a game, then I think college sports is closer to doom than I thought.  May be sour grapes on my part but I know I'd never donate to a school that payed their players in any sport.  I'm curious, if USF were to pay athletes, where would the money come from?  

Edited by Sierra048

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If you start paying college athletes then I'm out for good.  I have watched through my many, many years the prostituting of the college game for money. If a full scholarship for an athlete isn't enough compensation ( as a guess maybe worth $30K - $40K per year) for playing a game, then I think college sports is closer to doom than I thought.  May be sour grapes on my part but I know I'd never donate to a school that payed their players in any sport.  I'm curious, if USF were to pay athletes, where would the money come from?  

I find it odd that people say they will quit watching when players get paid (the ones we actually pay to go to see) but don't mind it when coaches get paid multi millions and ADs get paid ridiculous sums.

if they were to pay coaches and ADs public school professor salaries and make them teach courses then I could see the arguement that players shouldn't get paid. use the revenues to benefit the academic side of the school.

If it's about maximizing earnings then the players who are the actual product (nobody would pay to see a coach pace the sideline or an AD sit in his box if it weren't for the players) than the players deserve a cut.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I find it odd that people say they will quit watching when players get paid (the ones we actually pay to go to see) but don't mind it when coaches get paid multi millions and ADs get paid ridiculous sums.

if they were to pay coaches and ADs public school professor salaries and make them teach courses then I could see the arguement that players shouldn't get paid. use the revenues to benefit the academic side of the school.

If it's about maximizing earnings then the players who are the actual product (nobody would pay to see a coach pace the sideline or an AD sit in his box if it weren't for the players) than the players deserve a cut.

I agree. Yes they are being "paid" but in reality is more or less being compensated for them not being able to work or do much else to earn spending money. I mean come on now, I can't even take my buddy that's on the basketball team out to lunch and pay for it without him having to worry about accepting a gift?!?!? Now we have tons of people who don't think these kids should get some type of stipend?

Where I work, we have international students that get a scholarship (full ride) that's worth over $50K per year and a stipend of $5K. Not only do they receieve this compensation, they can also obtain an on campus job and earn a paycheck as well. Now what type of income or revenue do these individuals provide to the college? None