• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spike on 4th Down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

On to Memphis

"On to Memphis" said Alexander the Great, who was crowned Pharoah there in 332 BC

I'll take Obscure Greek (Macedonian for accuracy) references for $2000 Alex.

"Xerxes is a punk"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

EVIDENCE FOR:

Taggart ran on 3rd down, which would make sense if he thought it was 2nd down, and the spike would come on 3rd. 

Speculation =/= evidence.

Also, running it could very easily be chalked up to trying to catch the defense off guard and giving the ball to the hot hand in Johnson.   Even with the run there was plenty of time to get another play off, there was what 4 seconds left after the play? 

Exactly. Johnson was tearing them up late and there was plenty of time .... especially since we're accustomed to getting plays in late to begin with.

What's kind of been overlooked was the second and goal play where MW had to scramble out of the pocket and threw a perfectly placed pass to Mut in the end zone, who let it slip through his fingers.

I don't recall that pass being perfectly placed, but I do recall it being catchable.  What I found extremely odd is that I don't believe Mut has had a catch all year, and here he was in the game in the crucial seconds and expected to catch a key pass.

The ball was placed where only Mut could catch it .... and you're right about him not having any catches, but has he had any drops?

It was Cousin Ricky who said it, he was at the game in the AD box. HOF post if I ever saw one.

Voodoo 5 can now change their blog name to Spike On 4Th Down.

No Voodoo 5 was much worse and we lost.

And a lot more marbles were on the line ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

EVIDENCE FOR:

Taggart ran on 3rd down, which would make sense if he thought it was 2nd down, and the spike would come on 3rd. 

Also, running it could very easily be chalked up to trying to catch the defense off guard and giving the ball to the hot hand in Johnson.   Even with the run there was plenty of time to get another play off, there was what 4 seconds left after the play? 

Exactly. Johnson was tearing them up late and there was plenty of time .... especially since we're accustomed to getting plays in late to begin with.

What's kind of been overlooked was the second and goal play where MW had to scramble out of the pocket and threw a perfectly placed pass to Mut in the end zone, who let it slip through his fingers.

I don't recall that pass being perfectly placed, but I do recall it being catchable.  What I found extremely odd is that I don't believe Mut has had a catch all year, and here he was in the game in the crucial seconds and expected to catch a key pass.

The ball was placed where only Mut could catch it .... and you're right about him not having any catches, but has he had any drops?

I don't recall, but I only remember two or three targets all season.  Still an odd scenario for him to be in, but I don't know if one of the other receivers was out to take a breather.  Or maybe he is in the short yardage situations because of his height.

EVIDENCE FOR:

I don't recall, but I only remember two or three targets all season.  Still an odd scenario for him to be in, but I don't know if one of the other receivers was out to take a breather.  Or maybe he is in the short yardage situations because of his height.

I'm thinking the height thing, too, but he was on the field a good amount Saturday .... noticed Chavous on the broadcast even mentioned him.