• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is in a no win situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I really need to stay away from this Board next weekend. I am traveling to see the game so I am hoping for a great showing. However, whatever happens will be bad on here. Either we win in which case people will say we beat the worst team in our conference and it is no big deal. People will say we can't celebrate beating crap. Or we lose to a winless team and the Board implodes. I'm racking my brain for alternatives to these scenarios.

Either way and Willie Taggart likely won't be here next year, which is a good thing for USF.  Ultimately, you need to care more for your alma mater than people employed by your alma mater, it's as simple as that. A true dilemma will happen when we hire an alumnus to coach one of our major sports team and he  develops a history of failure similar to Willie Taggarts.  Please try and keep things in proper perspective.

WTF are you rambling on about?? Did you Quote the wrong post? That has nothing at all to do with jj's post ...

?

JJ was saying the board would implode no matter the outcome.  Hbryan is saying that the board will feel better when Taggart is fired, but the important thing is to support your alma mater no matter what is happening on the board. 

Seems on point to me, whether I agree or disagree with the points he made.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

We could have a big comeback win against a crap team and some folks will declare our QB NFL ready....remember that game! Still makes me chuckle. Good times. Everyone was pleased with that outcome. Pretty sure everyone was in a poor frame of mind by halftime but we were all happy with the win. If we beat SMU, I don't think it will be all doom and gloom around here.

We could have a big comeback win against a crap team and some folks will declare our QB NFL ready....remember that game! Still makes me chuckle. Good times. Everyone was pleased with that outcome. Pretty sure everyone was in a poor frame of mind by halftime but we were all happy with the win. If we beat SMU, I don't think it will be all doom and gloom around here.

Five wins in 22 games including many against bad teams, why would it be doom and gloom around here?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301

I said ALL doom and gloom if we win. There will be some threads about how we are improving...maybe a couple. The rest of the board will probably be doom and gloom.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Game... Blouses

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

Game... Blouses

tumblr_m41qh2SaPj1r00g1wo1_400.gif

I said ALL doom and gloom if we win. There will be some threads about how we are improving...maybe a couple. The rest of the board will probably be doom and gloom.

If we lose to the worst team in Division I, why should there be any delusions about the team improving?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Using the word team seems misleading for our football team......they look like a bunch of guys playing their positions but not really a team..

Enjoy your trip and REP USF in a positive way !

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

One of the biggest NOV cold front in years is due in North TX this week.  The average high in Dallas is 70.  80s are actually quite common in Nov.  It will be lucky to break 50 later this week in Dallas.  USF will have the absolute worst luck with weather.  Right now it's in the 70s and 80s in Texas.  Too bad the game isn't this week.  I'm running my air conditioning right now, it's that warm. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I can definitely promise you, they are looking at the film of us playing, and trying to figure out how to beat us