• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Taggart be fired this year?

Is it time for Tag to go  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Fire him and do it now. I haven't see the team progress hardly at all and they managed only 3 points after 2 years in the system? Taggart can GTFO and now.

I totally agree with you. If we were losing 31 to 28 It would be one thing. Our offense has not improved other than less penalties

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe that Taggart is the right guy for USF football.  He continues to get out-coached - which is more evident after half time breaks when the other coaches make their necessary changes that Taggart cannot seem to recognize or overcome.

Secondly, Taggart's personnel choices leave me puzzled.  One easy example of that is the non-relevant use of Flowers which has burned his red shirt.  And, there's the poor choice of using Dunkley at CB.  Bulls have other CBs that can play respectably when USF could use play-makers on Offense.  Bulls Defense didn't seem to miss Dunkley when he was out injured (the safeties were the ones continually burned), but Taggart's Offense is where the lack of speed and athleticism is hurting their chances to stay in games or win games.  Those are just two personnel issues, but there are more examples for another time.

Next season doesn't look to be much different from this year, as Bulls lose A. Davis, D. Welch and M. McFarland (although terrible today), and they also lose three starters from their OL.  I'm not seeing much on current roster that can adequately replace those veteran players; although some will be happy to see a change no matter what on the OL.  Additionally, it doesn't appear that the QB position will be improved either based on what we seen and players returning.  Any freshman QB that USF gets will not come in and make any real difference either, IMO.

If year three will be the same - and that's what I expect - then probably better to just start over now before this team drops any further into irrelevance. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You have to give Taggart at least one more year.  Right now most of the players on the field (which he recruited) are freshmen and sophomores and you can't expect them to play the same as juniors and seniors.  Next year is another story.  

I agree that the game today was unwatchable especially on offense.  Bench made some good passes, but the receivers failing to hold onto the ball hurt.  The 3 sacks of Bench show that the offense isn't able to protect the QB.  Yes, changes have to be made.  I can't really say that CWT has lost the team as I'm not privy to what goes on in the locker room or practice.

The defense was on the field way tooooo long, which falls on the offense for not converting 3rd downs..  

What bothers me most is that I remember when we had the ugliest, dirtiest and best defense in the conference under Leavitt.  True we had  most penalties too, but you always felt that we could win the game. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

You have to give Taggart at least one more year.  Right now most of the players on the field (which he recruited) are freshmen and sophomores and you can't expect them to play the same as juniors and seniors.  Next year is another story.  

I agree that the game today was unwatchable especially on offense.  Bench made some good passes, but the receivers failing to hold onto the ball hurt.  The 3 sacks of Bench show that the offense isn't able to protect the QB.  Yes, changes have to be made.  I can't really say that CWT has lost the team as I'm not privy to what goes on in the locker room or practice.

The defense was on the field way tooooo long, which falls on the offense for not converting 3rd downs..  

What bothers me most is that I remember when we had the ugliest, dirtiest and best defense in the conference under Leavitt.  True we had  most penalties too, but you always felt that we could win the game. 

Unless Taggart somehow miraculously recruits a top QB and can figure out how to develop players (which he hasn't shown he can do in 2 years), we will be just as bad next year as we are this year. Giving him an extra year to prove he is just a 3 or 4 win coach again is going to damage this program even more.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Unless Taggart somehow miraculously recruits a top QB and can figure out how to develop players (which he hasn't shown he can do in 2 years), we will be just as bad next year as we are this year. Giving him an extra year to prove he is just a 3 or 4 win coach again is going to damage this program even more.

But can we afford to pay another coach to not coach our team at this stage?  Any coach coming in is going to want to put in his own scheme, which means more rebuilding.    Can we really afford that?  Yes, we are losing butts in the seats, but does a revolving door of 2 years on a head coach's ability to turn around a program realistic?  I don't think so (as much as I would love to see it happen).

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

You have to give Taggart at least one more year. Right now most of the players on the field (which he recruited) are freshmen and sophomores and you can't expect them to play the same as juniors and seniors. Next year is another story.

I agree that the game today was unwatchable especially on offense. Bench made some good passes, but the receivers failing to hold onto the ball hurt. The 3 sacks of Bench show that the offense isn't able to protect the QB. Yes, changes have to be made. I can't really say that CWT has lost the team as I'm not privy to what goes on in the locker room or practice.

What bothers me most is that I remember when we had the ugliest, dirtiest and best defense in the conference under Leavitt. True we had most penalties too, but you always felt that we could win the game.

But can we afford to pay another coach to not coach our team at this stage? Any coach coming in is going to want to put in his own scheme, which means more rebuilding. Can we really afford that? Yes, we are losing butts in the seats, but does a revolving door of 2 years on a head coach's ability to turn around a program realistic? I don't think so (as much as I would love to see it happen).
My four tickets will not be renewed if Willie is ithere next year I know others who feel the se way. If I didy job like he has I wouldmt be there. U have developed new staff 3 times the past year and am not allowed te luxury of excuses

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

He has recruited too good to not give him another year

Coaching a team is more than just recruiting

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

You have to give Taggart at least one more year. Right now most of the players on the field (which he recruited) are freshmen and sophomores and you can't expect them to play the same as juniors and seniors. Next year is another story.

I agree that the game today was unwatchable especially on offense. Bench made some good passes, but the receivers failing to hold onto the ball hurt. The 3 sacks of Bench show that the offense isn't able to protect the QB. Yes, changes have to be made. I can't really say that CWT has lost the team as I'm not privy to what goes on in the locker room or practice.

What bothers me most is that I remember when we had the ugliest, dirtiest and best defense in the conference under Leavitt. True we had most penalties too, but you always felt that we could win the game.

But can we afford to pay another coach to not coach our team at this stage? Any coach coming in is going to want to put in his own scheme, which means more rebuilding. Can we really afford that? Yes, we are losing butts in the seats, but does a revolving door of 2 years on a head coach's ability to turn around a program realistic? I don't think so (as much as I would love to see it happen).
My four tickets will not be renewed if Willie is ithere next year I know others who feel the se way. If I didy job like he has I wouldmt be there. U have developed new staff 3 times the past year and am not allowed te luxury of excuses

I've had season tickets since day 1 and if CWT is here next year with the same DC and OC I will not be renewing for the first time.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Taggart was hired because he came into WKU, a team that had lost 20 games in a row, and his second year there won 7 games. Certainly USF wasn't that bad when he came and he is recruiting better here in 2 years then Kentucky. But you look at his two winning seasons at WKU, half his wins, 7 of 14, were by 1 score and 4 were OT wins. I'm not reassured.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Calvin Magee. Knows USF, knows Florida recruiting, coaches exciting football.

I still think Taggart gets/deserves another year.

But Magee would be VERY intriguing...

What has cwt done to deserve a 3rd year? The team looks as bad if not worse than last year. We haven't beaten a quality opponent. We only beat teams that somehow happen to be crappier than we are.

He may get another year, but I can't really say he deserves another year.