• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Offense Touchdowns by the year and Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

“The tipping point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire.â€

― Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference

tags: idea, setting-trends, social-behavior 131 likes like

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

“The tipping point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire.â€

― Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference

tags: idea, setting-trends, social-behavior 131 likes like

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808

The second half is much easier than first so we should score much more. We'll end up with 25-30 TdS. There are no more wisconsins

There is no way that USF gets to 25. 4 of our last 6 games are on the road, and under CWT's tenure the offense has score more than one TD on the road once. I will take the under.

I will take that. Saturday begins the touchdown countdown.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

The second half is much easier than first so we should score much more. We'll end up with 25-30 TdS. There are no more wisconsins

There is no way that USF gets to 25. 4 of our last 6 games are on the road, and under CWT's tenure the offense has score more than one TD on the road once. I will take the under.

That's not true. We scored two touchdowns at Houston and twice at UCF last year. I'm liking USF's chances in the second half of the season. I don't know how anybody can't see the difference between this team and last year's team, I feel we have a 50-50 chance to go bowling.

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Cant speak to all the reasons and I don't want to blame that guy (Holtz) anymore.  We are scoring more than last year. We should probably end close to 30 touchdowns for the year. As can see Holtz's numbers were not that good either. I thought we were good offensively under him and my perception was wrong. We were average at best and he had B.J. Daniels. Without BJ Daniels in the last three games in 2012 there was only one offensive touchdown. The trend already started before Taggart got here.  So my prediction is:

Touchdowns

2014: 30        Record: 7-6

2015: 37-40   Record 8-5

7-6?!?!  :roflmao:  What I would give to be able to watch what I've seen transpire over the last few seasons with our football program and figure out a way to honestly think we're going to win 7 games this year AND score 19 more TDs the rest of the season..

I'm thinking he meant 2015 and 2016....otherwise yea...idk

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

That's not true. We scored two touchdowns at Houston and twice at UCF last year. I'm liking USF's chances in the second half of the season. I don't know how anybody can't see the difference between this team and last year's team, I feel we have a 50-50 chance to go bowling.

The Houston game was the best offensive performance White has had in his career. We scored 2 TDs. Technically we scored 2 offensive TDs against UCF, but one was aided by a UCF turnover where we started inside their 30. 30 TDs would require 2 each and every game plus and additional 7. I don't know that pointing out 2 instances where we have scored 2 proves that we are capable of that.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

The Houston game was the best offensive performance White has had in his career. We scored 2 TDs. Technically we scored 2 offensive TDs against UCF, but one was aided by a UCF turnover where we started inside their 30. 30 TDs would require 2 each and every game plus and additional 7. I don't know that pointing out 2 instances where we have scored 2 proves that we are capable of that.

Who said I was making a proof? I was just letting him know his memory was mistaken about USF never scoring more than 1 touchdown on the road in the CWT era. I never stated my opinion on if this offense could reach 30 TD, though I do think we will get end up with 20-25 offensive TD's, probably closer to 25.

But, I do think this team is better than last year, and I do think we have a fair chance at going bowling. I'm choosing to be positive, and I realize it's not for everybody.

If you were responding to the original person who was quoted, then carry on! :D

P.S. - if you are going to take away offensive TD's where we had good field position due to defense, then we need to revise the original list posted by the OP and apply that to all years.

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

Who said I was making a proof? I was just letting him know his memory was mistaken about USF never scoring more than 1 touchdown on the road in the CWT era. I never stated my opinion on if this offense could reach 30 TD, though I do think we will get end up with 20-25 offensive TD's, probably closer to 25.

But, I do think this team is better than last year, and I do think we have a fair chance at going bowling. I'm choosing to be positive, and I realize it's not for everybody.

If you were responding to the original person who was quoted, then carry on! :D

P.S. - if you are going to take away offensive TD's where we had good field position due to defense, then we need to revise the original list posted by the OP and apply that to all years.

My mistake. Got you confused with the guy who was predicting 30 TDs. I also think 20-25 is a reasonable number particularly given the schedule getting softer now.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Can we think is broken into TDs by the offense and TDs by the defense?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

\the numbers dont lie

man we have been bad and boring for way too long