• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Stadium Experience

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

Is it just me or is the music in the RJS, beginning to finish, loud & obnoxious?? I realize that a large percentage of students like this but they are not the only ones in the stadium. The students get in free. We (old people) pay...a lot and they will need our dollars for an OCS.

It never used to be this way. If this is what I can expect in the OCS. I'm out.

your name is actually 'Old_Bull'

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

In related news, lets all hope that the USF-Houston home game on 11/1 is a night game .... Lightning play at home at 7.

Is this because you want the stadium less full? People will choose the Lightning over the Bulls.

I have a feeling it's so we don't have to suffer through the MC dude from the first 4 games.

Bingo!

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

The music and the other hype up antics are fine early and when the momentum is going our way. It was terrible when we gave up the lead in the fourth quarter and they're trying to get us to vote on the plays of the game (all from the first half) and trying to keep the crowd hyped up. I don't feel like singing and dancing when my team is giving up a 19 yard run on 1st and 30.

Part of home field advantage should be don't fuel the hype/momentum of the other Team. I'm sure ECU fans enjoyed the fourth Qtr music more than we did.

Positive energy is good when it doesn't look delusional.

This is when I wish I personally knew a football player to get their side of this discussion.  I do know that I see the kick-off team swaying to the music before the kickoff even when we're down (at the start of the 2nd half - not just after we score).  I gotta believe our defense hears the music on third downs as well.  If you had it your way there would be no noise at all when we're down.  Heck - tell the cheerleaders to go home when we're down by more than two scores in the fourth quarter.

Regardless, I've always thought that the music was for both the fans and the players, and especially the players when the fans are not there or if they're too quiet.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if this is the topic, but an observation.

I went to the Thursday night BYU at UCiF football game and then the EZU at USF football game.

1) I did not enjoy sitting on backless metal bleachers that allowed each person about 6" of "butt" space.

2) RJS is so much better. Nice chairback seats with cup holders.

3) Their student section was full & rockin. Stadium was shaking.

4) I remember when RJS was sold out for WVU & Louisville and close with UMiami & FSU. And RJS was packed & rockin.

I just think that RJS will work once the product on the field gets to where we need to be.

P.S. Was at the Thursday game because one of my sons is a BYU Alumni.

JMHO,

Ty

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Not sure if this is the topic, but an observation.

I went to the Thursday night BYU at UCiF football game and then the EZU at USF football game.

1) I did not enjoy sitting on backless metal bleachers that allowed each person about 6" of "butt" space.

2) RJS is so much better. Nice chairback seats with cup holders.

3) Their student section was full & rockin. Stadium was shaking.

4) I remember when RJS was sold out for WVU & Louisville and close with UMiami & FSU. And RJS was packed & rockin.

I just think that RJS will work once the product on the field gets to where we need to be.

P.S. Was at the Thursday game because one of my sons is a BYU Alumni.

JMHO,

Ty

WVU, Louisville, UCF(07), Kansas, were great games with a great atmosphere.

FSU and Miami totally different because there were more of them in our stadium than there were Bulls fans.  But the tailgates were still fun.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

as of now: UCF atmosphere...

is absolutely better than USF.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

atmosphere, YES

Stadium, NO!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

... for a UCF fan.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ But they're on a "high". Comparison isn't fair, but now if you were to compare the atmosphere for them now vs our atmosphere in RJS in say 2007, would you still say theirs is better?

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^ But they're on a "high". Comparison isn't fair, but now if you were to compare the atmosphere for them now vs our atmosphere in RJS in say 2007, would you still say theirs is better?

My guess is that, yes ... Bear would.