• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who cares? It's soccer.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Bakid, I dont know you, you could be a nice person, but why did you make that comment if you weren't trying to be disruptive? I don't really care about basketball so I dont post in those threads.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

because soccer rhymes with gay?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Ok, I'll bite - seeing as the OP is from a region where sports fans are total Philly-centric clown a-holes, I'll forgive him for not realizing that at least 95% or more of the world loves soccer more than any other sport. 

So the answer to his question of "who cares" is ... quite a ******* lot of people.

#phillysuxexceptforcheesesteaks  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Dude says he worked for USF. Sad if true.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

GA finally something we agree on. Philly ain't great. I'm a transplant so my feelings are not hurt concerning your opinion of Philly. I share the same opinion of most of the state of Georgia.

My only hope is you've spent as much time in the city as I have at soccer games to draw your conclusion. I was at the soccer game tonight. I'm in town for homecoming. My opinion is its a very boring sport.

As far as the world goes I've traveled quite extensively and soccer's appeal is more based on economics than excitement. Most of the world is very, very poor and soccer is very cheap to play. A plot of dirt or grass, two sticks for goals and a ball of some sort.

Enjoy the sport and support USF. Not sure why your passion for soccer should be mine.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

Soccer is a very defensive sport. I appreciate that aspect of it very much. One of the things I hate about that schumck Roger Goodell is how during his tenure as commissioner, the NFL doesn't play defense anymore.

If you google the highest paid athletes, you'll see a lot of soccer players on that list. It's not everyone's cup of tea and that's fine. I personally cannot watch a complete baseball or basketball game. Still would support the Bulls teams in spirit if not in person.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Enjoy the sport and support USF. Not sure why your passion for soccer should be mine.

Go Bulls!

That's what the fans were doing in the thread where you posted the original post. Nobody's said you should have a passion for soccer ... just questioning why you had to be a **** in a thread about a sport you have no interest in.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Fly, the NFL's lack of defense is part of their broader fan base strategy. Football purists like me enjoy a 13 - 7 game. The average fan wants big plays and scoring. They enjoy 44 - 41 games. The rule changes have been mostly to increase scoring and have aided the offense. Look at all the NFL has done to increase its fan base:

Breast cancer month

Hispanic football month

Games played in Europe

All of these things are to increase the fan base. The fans want scoring.

I made a comment about a soccer "fight" at the end of a game and you'd have thought I slapped the Pope. I was called names, the city I live in was trashed and my support of USF was questioned. I too struggle to get through a baseball game. It's boring.

That's all. Enjoy the homecoming weekend and

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Go Bulls!

That's what the fans were doing in the thread where you posted the original post. Nobody's said you should have a passion for soccer ... just questioning why you had to be a **** in a thread about a sport you have no interest in.

This. Exactly this.