• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does the WCU win count towards the 6 for bowl qualification?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If we just want to play 13 games or 14 games or 20 games then extend the regular season. Heck USF can travel to Hawaii and play 13 as is. Bowl games are meant to be a reward for a good season. Instead we want bowl season to be like little league all-star games where everyone gets to play!

Then you don't have to watch but I know I will be!

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If we just want to play 13 games or 14 games or 20 games then extend the regular season. Heck USF can travel to Hawaii and play 13 as is. Bowl games are meant to be a reward for a good season. Instead we want bowl season to be like little league all-star games where everyone gets to play!

Then you don't have to watch but I know I will be!

This.

And if we go to Hawaii, I hope I get to watch them play 14 times in a year!

(or, dare I say it, 15 times by getting to the playoffs and winning!)

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

It was a conditional bid to the Seattle Bowl btw.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Nope, it was Hawaii ....

Bulls bowl-bound if ...

... East Carolina beats Cincinnati Friday. That scenario would mean a bowl match-up in Hawaii on Christmas Day.

It may not be a white Christmas this year for South Florida football, but it could be a memorable one. 

USF came one step closer to achieving its goal of receiving its first bowl bid Wednesday when the Hawaii Bowl extended a conditional invitation to the Bulls (9-2) to play Dec. 25 in Honolulu.

The Bulls' appearance in the Hawaii Bowl is contingent upon the Cincinnati East Carolina game 7 p.m. Friday on ESPN2. If Cincinnati wins, the Bearcats will be 7-6 and bowl eligible. That would give Conference USA five bowl eligible teams, enough to fill all its slots. Tulane would go to Hawaii to play the University of Hawaii.

However, should East Carolina defeat Cincinnati, the Bulls will be on their way to Honolulu to meet the Warriors (9-3), who wrap up their regular season Saturday at home against San Diego State.

Nope, it was Hawaii ....

Bulls bowl-bound if ...

... East Carolina beats Cincinnati Friday. That scenario would mean a bowl match-up in Hawaii on Christmas Day.

It may not be a white Christmas this year for South Florida football, but it could be a memorable one. 

USF came one step closer to achieving its goal of receiving its first bowl bid Wednesday when the Hawaii Bowl extended a conditional invitation to the Bulls (9-2) to play Dec. 25 in Honolulu.

The Bulls' appearance in the Hawaii Bowl is contingent upon the Cincinnati East Carolina game 7 p.m. Friday on ESPN2. If Cincinnati wins, the Bearcats will be 7-6 and bowl eligible. That would give Conference USA five bowl eligible teams, enough to fill all its slots. Tulane would go to Hawaii to play the University of Hawaii.

However, should East Carolina defeat Cincinnati, the Bulls will be on their way to Honolulu to meet the Warriors (9-3), who wrap up their regular season Saturday at home against San Diego State.

There was a chance at the Seattle Bowl as well...

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/12/09/Sports/South_Florida_not_amo.shtml

2002 was the year a lot of bowls made side deals at the last minute with conferences... and after that the NCAA banned the practice, saying the bowl contracts had to be in place at the start of the season.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

it is embarrassing to count such a win

usf will not win more than 2 more unfortunately

You are a ******* idiot

You better hope USF wins more than four games this season, otherwise, you would be the idiot.

:stirpot:

You better hope USF doesn't win six or more or I'm calling all you guys out!

I am bookmarking this thread. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

You are a ******* idiot
You better hope USF wins more than four games this season, otherwise, you would be the idiot.

:stirpot:

You better hope USF doesn't win six or more or I'm calling all you guys out!

I am bookmarking this thread.

I already have! Go Bulls! Too bad you can't say that...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The bowls may be a joke, but the extra practice time you get isn't.

I agree 100%.  Those extra days of practice are very important.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

You are a ******* idiot

Maybe - but the entire bowl system has become a joke. THe fact that a team like we have fielded this year "has a chance" of bowling just makes a mockery of it. You don't even have to go .500 against tier 1 competition. This is why there are so many low-tier bowls that can hardly afford to stay operational.

This I don't understand .... Who the eff cares?? There was one, now two bowls, three if you count the CG, that actually mean something to begin with. The bowls are there for the teams and whatever fans want to attend. If these bowls are beneath you, fine, don't go, don't watch.

I'm not sure I've ever seen so much freaking whining about so many different subjects at one time on here .... even on other bye weeks.

People who prefer "post-season" to actually mean something...

So you're saying do away with all the bowls except for the playoff ones because they are the only bowls that actually mean something ...

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Nope, it was Hawaii ....

Bulls bowl-bound if ...

I remember going to the watch party at Beef's on Fowler.  A few coaches were in the main dining room with us, including Rod Smith.  Several members of the team came in and watched the game from their back room.