• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FWIW, all 3 losses to (likely) bowl teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

1. Wisconis has a fairly soft schedule, playing only one more ranked team in regular season (Nebraska).  They will likely finish in the top 25.

2.  Maryland's lone loss was to West Virginia, a team that hung late with Top 5 Alabama & Oklahoma.  They will be 4-1, once they finish throttling Indiana (up 34-9, in the 4th).  That's the same Indiana team that beat Mizzou...that CRUSHED UCF.

3.  NC State.  At 4-0, the argument was they struggled against bad team early, before blowing us out (then a FCS team).  They are currently GRAPE STOMPING teh defending National Champs, FSU Seminoles, 24-7...in the first quarter!  They look like serious contenders v FSU.  Lets' just hope they score >49, and ideally by more than 32 (frankly, I'll settle for NCSU just winning...sick of Jameis Winston).

So, while this doesn't change the struggles on our offense and in some areas, our defense, it does show that at least our losses are to bowl teams, and not FCS or scrub teams.  Perhaps we can manage to win the winnable games in the AAC, and get that bowl.

Our next game will be v a 4th bowl team, ECU.  They bring an amazing offense, and attacking D.  We'll be 14 point dogs, best guess.  But I do think we have 4 winnable games on tap (SMU is HORRIBLE...not sure what's behind that collapse).

So...rest up, Bulls.  TIme to make that bowl run.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

My only issue with this...our issues are our issues. If the secondary can fix it's problems in the next two weeks and our receivers learn how to catch passes, then we have a chance. 

Mike White is going to look much better now that we've hit the American schedule. I wouldn't be shocked to see 300 yards and 3 TDs against ECU.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

Well said. I'd like to have been 2-2 in OOC games this season, but all things considered, we're where we are supposed to be in this rebuilding process. 

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Our two wins were against punchless crap teams

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

My only issue with this...our issues are our issues. If the secondary can fix it's problems in the next two weeks and our receivers learn how to catch passes, then we have a chance. 

Mike White is going to look much better now that we've hit the American schedule. I wouldn't be shocked to see 300 yards and 3 TDs against ECU.

Agreed, which I why I posted this:  "So, while this doesn't change the struggles on our offense and in some areas, our defense"

I'd feel a LOT worse if we lost to WCU and/or UConn.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Well getting back Andre and getting Welch off the field will make the receivers much better. 

I agree this team has played some tough teams and hopefully it has made them better for it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Our two wins were against punchless crap teams

Most of our conference is "punchless crap" teams, so we should be good. Go bulls!

Edited by HR Bull

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

losing to bowl teams makes it all better

is it more acceptable

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

losing to bowl teams makes it all better

is it more acceptable

Hell no. All losses are terrible. There are no palatable losses, but losses are teachable moments.

And although this may sound like cognitive dissonance.

We are a young team still learning the ropes in a program that needs to reestablish a winning environment. Don't lose perspective. We are not an SEC or ACC team in contention for anything. We are in the misfit conference with teams that need to prove they belong and no one expects perfection out of these teams. Let's be real with ourselves.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

If FSU was beating NCST 35-0 at halftime, we'd all be feeling a little worse. But they're not, they're winning 24-21, which makes me feel a little better. USF is finally turning the corner. If they keep working and believing, the future can be very bright.