• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Rather have Holtz. At least he usually was in games.

:roflmao:

Only when it wasn't humid...in Tampa.

He won when it was humid...in Miami...and Louisville...and South Bend.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

i was one of the first to say fire Leavitt and i would gladly admit my error and say bring him back.

unfortunately the "sociopolitical" climate surrounding sports right now is ULTRA SENSITIVE PC so if Da Shaft and whoever the AD is now rehire an old coach who was fired for *ALLEGEDLY* putting the smack down on a player, u can bet your ass ESPN would bury us. with Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson dominating sports headlines... no way they bring back Leavitt, no matter HOW dubious the evidence was, or whether what CJL actually did was worthy of termination.

now if he'd crashed his motorcycle while smashing his assistant, or whatever, he'd be back already. (speaking of which, why didn't we bring in Petrino?)

on a side note, it speaks volumes about the state of the program when Bulls fans are buying "FireWillieTaggart" domains to bank on the program's demise.

IMO, firing Willie right now makes no sense. the crowds at RayJay are already thin, and most coaches worth having are coaching already. as horrible as the pro-style offense is, White has never been able to take snaps in any formation. he dropped a perfect snap in the shotgun this afternoon. he is absolutely horrible. and this team doesn't have depth at the skill positions to outlast B5 teams after **** Holtz left the cupboard bare.

look at the games... WCU played us tough the first couple quarters because they got up for us, but our better talent allowed us to outlast their FCS talent. we played Maryland tough for 2+ qtrs but their B5 talent outlasted us. we played NCState well for a quarter and almost had the lead and HUGE momentum, but a bad break turned it around and NCState's B5 talent took over.

this team needs to build not just talent but DEPTH. some of the best players on the field are freshmen. one full year of recruiting is not enough to fill the hole Holtz took a Skip in.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719

can't say im a fan of the schemes on O or D tho. dont like ProStyle with FLA talent. don't like the 3-4 D. ever.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

Coach T is safe this year,  It is what it is. 

Is his seat getting hot, You bet it is.   Lots of question marks about today. Timing of bringing in Flowers when he did, the play calling, sticking with White when trailing 42-7 right after half time. Not bringing in Bench to see if he could spark the team,  Kicking a FG when trailing 42-7 in the middle of the 3rd qt.    If coach T is quitting during a game( not trying to score TD'S to win) than why should his players bust their Butts?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I think with a new AD all bets are off. Wouldn't be surprised if CWT was fired Monday and one of the coaches named interim.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

I think with a new AD all bets are off. Wouldn't be surprised if CWT was fired Monday and one of the coaches named interim.

No chance.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

CWT will at least finish out the year. I think he gets a 3rd year but if it is bad the rest of the way, considering the new AD, he could get the axe after the season.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

NO. This team will still win 4 games this year. We won't see near the talent on the field that Maryland and NC State had when Uconn/SMU/Tulsa/Memphis are our opponents etc. The 4 wins will be an improvement over last year which is all Taggart needs. I do however believe this wonderful "Harbough/Power Run/Stanford/whatever the heck we want to call it" offense needs to go. It's just brutal. I'm completely stunned with offense being Taggart's forte that this is the product we're seeing after a full year in the system.

Our defense had a bad game which is going to happen from time to time. On most teams the Offense has the ability to somewhat pick up the slack when that happens, but this team does not.

He needs to at least get another year, another year of recruiting in, then there will be a ton of sophomores and juniors on the team that are his guys. If we're still seeing the same thing at that point then it's time for him to go.