• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Proponents, you have CWT in your corner now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Did anyone read the Letters to the editor today in the Trib?  It was the editors "Letter of the Day".  Guy went on a rant about the need for an OCS, made reference to the Green Jacket donors (dig actually),  also talked up UCF's Stadium (like its some Crown Jewel).   

Lost ALL CRED when he talked about how nice UCF's TIN BOX IS.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  58
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone read the Letters to the editor today in the Trib?  It was the editors "Letter of the Day".  Guy went on a rant about the need for an OCS, made reference to the Green Jacket donors (dig actually),  also talked up UCF's Stadium (like its some Crown Jewel).   

UCF's stadium is nice because it doesn't have 40K empty seats. It is nice because they never have to wonder if the field will be painted with their symbols. Its nice because ........ I will take a relatively cheap stadium vs using the Bucs. I realize that people will disagree with me on this but there has been a change in their fan base since they put up that stadium and it isn't just because they are winning more, although that helps. I think the OCS has helped generate a larger and more loyal following.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

UCF's stadium is nice because it doesn't have 40K empty seats. It is nice because they never have to wonder if the field will be painted with their symbols. Its nice because ........ I will take a relatively cheap stadium vs using the Bucs. I realize that people will disagree with me on this but there has been a change in their fan base since they put up that stadium and it isn't just because they are winning more, although that helps. I think the OCS has helped generate a larger and more loyal following.

No, but there have been many times that haven't come close to selling that out.  Winning has been the biggest boost to their attendance.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,427
  • Days Won:  19

Why is this even a topic, AFTER A LOSS...

If we were 2 - 0... Just maybe, we could have this stadium talk.

We need a winning season before the OCS conversation even comes up.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

If Harland would just use the Sim City cheat code he'd have the money for an on campus stadium and the infrastructure to get people there.

Trouble is that using that code will result in an earthquake or Godzilla attack later on.

Might be worth it though.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Wait until next year when we could be 2-0 or talk this year if we go 7-5 .... which is it?

• Upvote 1

Was the letter writer's name Phil?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

http://tbo.com/list/news-opinion-letterday/green-and-gold-doesnt-mesh-with-red-20140912/

Loved these quotes: " USF needs an on-campus facility. Start with building out the soccer stadium to seat 35,000, then build from there when we can show we can fill the place"   ( Dude wants to play in the soccer stadium LMAO)

"So sorry, Green Jacket Club. I pray that your club seat and sky box days are over soon"   (That's right lets piss off the people who actually donate the most money to the program).

"UCF, which built an awesome facility and is benefiting in huge ways (see: 2013 season results)."   (because we all know the stadium is the reason they had their best season in programs history). 

As I have stated many many times in the past Im for an OCS as well ,  but needs to be done right,  needs to be done in stages( Winning and support first, than build). Needs to be top notch not like UCF's But more like Minnesota's or Houston's with More Chair backs.

What happens when the newness wears off and people stop coming?  IF We don't win this will be the reality. 

Also we will have to pay for it, Ticket prices will go up, or donations will increase, or PSL'S could happen. People need to be careful what they wish for.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,427
  • Days Won:  19

Wait until next year when we could be 2-0 or talk this year if we go 7-5 .... which is it?

We aren't going 7 - 5... if we keep losing winnable games

So sorry, Green Jacket Club. I pray that your club seat and sky box days are over soon and, if not, USF will languish in that dungeon while pretending it is a good thing when all involved know it is not.

I'm thinking the players are pretty involved and Thor, Elkino, et al disagree with Mr/Ms D Handler's assessment .... Go to 9:40

• Upvote 1