• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan - Close the upper bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

People can buy tickets in the lower bowl if they want? A simple, $1,000 donation and they are permitted to buy up to 8 tickets at $40 per seat per game.

If they open those seats to the general public, why should people donate to the Bulls Club?

No... everything in the lower bowl sidelines (except students, faculty, visitors, and the south endzone) should never be for sale by USF without being part of a season or mini game package (with a required donation).

As stated by another user... $1000 isn't simple for everyone.... That said, tickets in the corner of the south endzone or family section are relatively cheap and don't require a donation.

Closing the upper bowl should be relatively easy.... even for the rest of the season. If ST's up there are given the opportunity to move down to the top of the south endzone for the remaining games... the view is fine from there. Next season they have the option to purchase ST's in the lower bowl. We shouldn't be selling ST's in the 300's.

I agree about not selling upper bowl tickets but the 1k donation needn't be seen as a huge one time burden. Can be done with monthly payments of $83.33 a month.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Why do we loose those fans? If it's price, just reprice a few hundred seats in the 200 level to $10 or $15.

I know some that go to the game just so they can sit up top and get a good view of TB. They wont come if we dont have that open they said.

You actually know people who buy tickets to USF football games just for the chance to go into RJS and get what amounts to about a 8th floor view?

Yes, I do.

Not for the game, but just to look at Tampa?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

People can buy tickets in the lower bowl if they want? A simple, $1,000 donation and they are permitted to buy up to 8 tickets at $40 per seat per game.

If they open those seats to the general public, why should people donate to the Bulls Club?

No... everything in the lower bowl sidelines (except students, faculty, visitors, and the south endzone) should never be for sale by USF without being part of a season or mini game package (with a required donation).

Problem is that you can scalp a ticket and sit in 1k+ donor sections. Many don't show up freeing up plenty of seats. Unfair to the folks who pay for those.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Why post this here? He has an email and Twitter account. God help him if he reads this board ...

You mean he isn't reading this board for guidance ?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

As stated by another user... $1000 isn't simple for everyone.... That said, tickets in the corner of the south endzone or family section are relatively cheap and don't require a donation.

Closing the upper bowl should be relatively easy.... even for the rest of the season. If ST's up there are given the opportunity to move down to the top of the south endzone for the remaining games... the view is fine from there. Next season they have the option to purchase ST's in the lower bowl. We shouldn't be selling ST's in the 300's.

I agree about not selling upper bowl tickets but the 1k donation needn't be seen as a huge one time burden. Can be done with monthly payments of $83.33 a month.

No matter how you split it up It's still $1000 "donation", per season I may add.

And "yes" I'm a 1k season ticket holder donor

And "yes" I took advantage of the 7 monthly payment option

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I'm still waiting for USF to start paying me to go to games. Once they do, I don't care where they sit me. Bottom tier seems fine.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

People can buy tickets in the lower bowl if they want?  A simple, $1,000 donation and they are permitted to buy up to 8 tickets at $40 per seat per game.

I know the $1000 isn't simple for everyone... my half ($500) wasn't that simple for me...

My point is that I have seats in the lower bowl that I paid $77 per ticket (per game) for (if you factor the donation plus tickets)... I do not want people to get the same seats for $15.

No one is saying they should. The 300 level people could easily be seated in the upper 200 corner that is now student section or the top of the 126/125 area.... There's plenty of room to move them there for the remainder of the season. Re-evaluate the rest after the season.

The point is it isn't working the way it currently is being done.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

People can buy tickets in the lower bowl if they want?  A simple, $1,000 donation and they are permitted to buy up to 8 tickets at $40 per seat per game.

I know the $1000 isn't simple for everyone... my half ($500) wasn't that simple for me...

My point is that I have seats in the lower bowl that I paid $77 per ticket (per game) for (if you factor the donation plus tickets)... I do not want people to get the same seats for $15.

No one is saying they should. The 300 level people could easily be seated in the upper 200 corner that is now student section or the top of the 126/125 area.... There's plenty of room to move them there for the remainder of the season. Re-evaluate the rest after the season.

The point is it isn't working the way it currently is being done.

It isn't working because we haven't been winning.

Moving the few hundred people down from the 300 level is not going to suddenly make the lower bowl standing room only.

Let it go, man. We need the money, we'll take any ticket sale anybody wants to purchase.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

It isn't working because we haven't been winning.

Moving the few hundred people down from the 300 level is not going to suddenly make the lower bowl standing room only.

Let it go, man. We need the money, we'll take any ticket sale anybody wants to purchase.

The only caveat there is does the income from the tix sold up there offset the extra cost to the TSA for opening it ....

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I have a friend on the board of trustees who told me they will be evaluating whether or not to continue the football program long term at the end of this season. He told me that they basically need to see an average of 35k butts in the seats for home games this year. Currently we are at 20k. We need to up that average by 15k a game over the next five or football could be going bye bye.