• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench earned some goodwill from USF fans this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Personally believe Flowers ends up as receiver and wildcat qb.....white injured arm is his non throwing arm...could be available sooner than most think

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

If this offense could have scored a td in second half I think we would have won.

Bench now has more td passes and runs than white I believe.

Give him reps with first string he will get better.

he threw for 40.6% last year. yeah he might improve but it will only be incremental.

last year, white completed nearly 15% more of his passes compared to bench

stupid to compare that stat with the insane amount of drop passes each QB had.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If this offense could have scored a td in second half I think we would have won.

he threw for 40.6% last year. yeah he might improve but it will only be incremental.

so we should throw out completion percentage in determining a QBs accuracy??

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

QB play was WORLDS better than White last week.  

He should get the start against NC State.  Yeah, still made some bad decisions but he moved the ball a lot better. 

Overall, we should have probably won this game based on the defense, but thinking about where we're coming from, there is definitely some things to build on with Bench.  

What say you?  

WORLDS better, really, seriously?????

White was 108/122 in QBR the first week and Bench ends up at 101/127 QBR rating in the second week.  That's a QBR of 18.7 for White and 34.3 for Bench.  So yeah, White was nearly twice as ugly as Bench but that doesn't mean Bench was attractive.

You can't just look at stats and tell what happened in a game. Sure there was accuracy issues this week and last year, but that can be for multiple reasons and completion percentage is only half on the QB. If you don't understand that, you're watching the wrong sport. The QB can't throw it and catch it, WR's gotta step up.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I definitely wouldn't say worlds better. We moved the ball a little better this week but still couldn't get it in the endzone. There were dropped passes but Bench didn't look spectacular either. I believe White would have been able to play at least as well if not probably better than Bench did in that game. 

You can't just look at stats and tell what happened in a game. Sure there was accuracy issues this week and last year, but that can be for multiple reasons and completion percentage is only half on the QB. If you don't understand that, you're watching the wrong sport. The QB can't throw it and catch it, WR's gotta step up.

yes you can look at stats to tell the quality of a player.

and completion percentage is the best stat to look at QB accuracy.

all wide receivers have drops on every team at every level. in the end the great catches make up for the balatant drops. there were a few blatant drops and a few catches where the ball was thrown way behind the receiver.

if you have a large enough sample size then completion percentage will tell the accuracy of the QB.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

being a good qb means you are good mentally

bench made a bonehead play with the  intentional grounding

he didnt take charge on last drive---lack of leadership

• Upvote 1

all wide receivers have drops on every team at every level. in the end the great catches make up for the balatant drops. there were a few blatant drops and a few catches where the ball was thrown way behind the receiver.

if you have a large enough sample size then completion percentage will tell the accuracy of the QB.

Stats can tell you the quality of a WR or RB, but not always a QB. To be a successful QB you have to rely on the OL, and WR's. If both of those aren't clicking, you're QB will be crap, doesn't matter who it is back there. There are really good NFL QB's that still struggle with throwing behind guys, or high balls, but the WR's make the play! Every game Peyton Manning has to get bailed out by a WR several times, Brady, Brees and Rodgers too. If you honestly think you can judge a QB just by looking at his completion percentage and his attempts, you're a fool. 

Edited by deters-

Stats can tell you the quality of a WR or RB, but not always a QB. To be a successful QB you have to rely on the OL, and WR's. If both of those aren't clicking, you're QB will be crap, doesn't matter who it is back there. There are really good NFL QB's that still struggle with throwing behind guys, or high balls, but the WR's make the play! Every game Peyton Manning has to get bailed out by a WR several times, Brady, Brees and Rodgers too. If you honestly think you can judge a QB just by looking at his completion percentage and his attempts, you're a fool. 

are you for real???

so you think Brees high completion percentage doesn't mean he is a more accurate passer than say EJ Manuel?? wow I guessd they should just throw out stats when doing any kind of analysis

yes every QB gets bailed out at times and every QB also has the receiver make a blatant drop. even bench. they even out in the end.

accurate QBs have high completion percentages.