• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to play Syracuse 2015 and 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Those who weren't around in the past, please be kind to TexanMark.  He was one of the Syracuse fans who gave our team respect when we joined the Big East along with CuseRoc and a few others. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Cuse replaces the Indiana series, which works just fine for me.

Now let's see who he gets to replace Michigan State and then who the next add on will be.

Let's also remember we are playing FSU and Maryland in 2015.

Edited by Hem
  • Upvote 1

Syracuse got the P5 invite because they have a lot more fans which brings eyeballs for the ESPN family of channels. They also used to be an eastern power and won bigger games than USF has been in.  It is about money and ESPN monopolizing content .  If it weren't for live sports, a lot of people would have disabled the cable or satellite by now. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Those who weren't around in the past, please be kind to TexanMark.  He was one of the Syracuse fans who gave our team respect when we joined the Big East along with CuseRoc and a few others. 

I believe, he also put out the tailgating guide for each BE team. He's probably doing the same now for the ACC teams.

Cuse originally got shafted in the first ACC expansion, when they took Miami and BC. The governor of Virginia got the ACC to drop them in favor of Virginia Tech. Too bad that our governor didn't try to do the same for us.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

Syracuse better than Indiana. Thank you Indiana.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Syracuse got the P5 invite because they have a lot more fans which brings eyeballs for the ESPN family of channels. They also used to be an eastern power and won bigger games than USF has been in.  It is about money and ESPN monopolizing content .  If it weren't for live sports, a lot of people would have disabled the cable or satellite by now. 

They are also a basketball powerhouse.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Cuse fan here...excited to see this...especially since I'm moving to St. Pete area next year.    I expect we'll bring in 4-5k fans so that probably factored into your AD agreeing to do this.  It should be a competitive game.

Wow, long time no see, welcome back.

I'm down with playing Cuse again. Especially if we can also get a roundball home-n-home to go with it.

I was at the Carrier Dome when Gregory bashed in his nose. A rollickin good time.

I believe, he also put out the tailgating guide for each BE team. He's probably doing the same now for the ACC teams.

Cuse originally got shafted in the first ACC expansion, when they took Miami and BC. The governor of Virginia got the ACC to drop them in favor of Virginia Tech. Too bad that our governor didn't try to do the same for us.

Yeah and the old Tech fans not only feel fortunate but worry if the P5 ever shrinks to P4 or 48 teams that they might be left our now.  Hard for me to see a Florida Governor supporting anything which would aid USF though. 

They are also a basketball powerhouse.

True but didn't Boeheim admit it was mostly about football?  Basketball was an added bonus.

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

I'd love to see Cuse Hoops play USF.   Not a prime recruiting ground for us...but it would be a fun for the NE based Cuse fans as well as the FL Cuse fans.