• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Billboard - A. Davis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Do they have any Live Green and Gold t-shirts like that in Tampa?

Contact marketing and see if they have any left over from this weekend.  They had green shirts and white shirts with that logo on them.  They were free there, so they may just charge shipping or something... no clue really, but worth a try.

Done, thanks!

Hem, anything you can find out is appreciated too. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

My bad. Davis is the worst receiver in USF history.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

say-what-118749-463-700.jpg

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't think it was a coincidence that his production took off when White got into games.

"Took off" may be a bit strong. He's a solid receiver but I agree his effort was lacking at times last season. But he turned it around near the end and I think his head is on straight now. Looking for a big season from 7on7!

Andre Davis PRE WHITE: 20 catches 277 yds 1 TD...7 games

Andre Davis WITH WHITE: 29 catches 458 yds 1 TD...3 100 yd rec games...5 games ( last game was only 1 catch 14 yds)

Total stats 49 rec 735 yds 2 tds

***NOT TO MENTION THAT BS OFFENSIVE P.I. CALL VS HOUSTON WHICH WAS A DEEP BOMB FOR A TD***

The argument could be made that he "took off"

The argument has been made that he tanked it for some of the other QBs.  

:facepalm:

Ever heard of a middle ground?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think it was a coincidence that his production took off when White got into games.

"Took off" may be a bit strong. He's a solid receiver but I agree his effort was lacking at times last season. But he turned it around near the end and I think his head is on straight now. Looking for a big season from 7on7!

Andre Davis WITH WHITE: 29 catches 458 yds 1 TD...3 100 yd rec games...5 games ( last game was only 1 catch 14 yds)

***NOT TO MENTION THAT BS OFFENSIVE P.I. CALL VS HOUSTON WHICH WAS A DEEP BOMB FOR A TD***

Ok, sure. He took off.

Not to be argumentative, but I also think way too much credit is being given to White.  He basically had one good game, that was his first game when the coaches greatly simplified the offense.  After that they treated him like the other QB's and he didn't do much better than the other QBs.

Way too early to anoint White as some kind of savior.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

He "took off" because he started actually giving some effort, not because of any QB magic.  He's even on record to that effect:

[up until halfway through the season]...His film-study habits were casual.

"Maybe like once a week, once or twice a week voluntarily," Davis said.

Midway through his third autumn on campus, a message became clear: The Freakshow needed to spruce up his act. While USF's instability at quarterback attributed to Davis' inconsistency, the junior also needed to intensify his study habits.

"Actually, my position coach (David Reaves) told me that I could take my game to another level by preparing better and watching film on a daily basis and just doing extra things," Davis said.

"Coach (Willie Taggart), he instilled that as well, so that's basically what I did to get better."

The ensuing transformation has been, well, freakish.

People need to stop treating this kid like a victim.  He has all the talent in the world and wasted it for 2.5 years.  Hopefully he has learned and this season we see a guy who gives 100% on every play.

Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

He "took off" because he started actually giving some effort, not because of any QB magic. He's even on record to that effect:

[up until halfway through the season]...His film-study habits were casual.

"Maybe like once a week, once or twice a week voluntarily," Davis said.

Midway through his third autumn on campus, a message became clear: The Freakshow needed to spruce up his act. While USF's instability at quarterback attributed to Davis' inconsistency, the junior also needed to intensify his study habits.

"Actually, my position coach (David Reaves) told me that I could take my game to another level by preparing better and watching film on a daily basis and just doing extra things," Davis said.

"Coach (Willie Taggart), he instilled that as well, so that's basically what I did to get better."

The ensuing transformation has been, well, freakish.

People need to stop treating this kid like a victim. He has all the talent in the world and wasted it for 2.5 years. Hopefully he has learned and this season we see a guy who gives 100% on every play.

+1