• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Less than 24 hours...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Don't know if Jeff Wagner posted on here...

Less than 24 hours until presentation by students, alumni, athletics and community to USF Chief level to petition to try a spirited song at USF Football games this year! The song is "I'm a Believer" and there are 3 hit versions of it, originally done by Neil Diamond in the 1960's, He also did "Sweet Caroline" and this is sung at dozens of sporting events for added fun! We also have some fun ideas to help "Rocky the Bull" celebrate being our Mascot National Champion! Please like, comment, share to all to say "I'm a BULLiever" and help start this grassroots movement! Thanks and Go Bulls!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/jeff.wagner.75641/posts/10203468927699262?comment_id=10203468938659536&notif_t=like

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Page not found

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

usa soccer i believe can be modified (bullieve) :D

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Ditto, page not found. Perhaps the movement is yet static?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going to start a petition to change the tempo of final "Go Bulls!" in fight song.

It's always bothered me how queer it sounds drawn out to "Goooooooooo-Bulls!". It would have more presence if exclaimed succinctly in 'one beat' as apposed to 'three beats'. Try it, and you'll see, i.e., "South-Florida-South-Florida, Go Bulls!."

Even chanted with equal timing, as in "South-Florida-South-Florida-Go-Bulls." would be an improvement.

Thoughts?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Not to add more fuel to this fire, but I wish there was a way to fix the way we do the fight song when we score a TD.  (Yes, once in a while, this happens.  If you've forgotten, it's when one of our guys crosses the goal line while having possession of the football).  It seems like we are right in the middle of the famous S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A chant right when the band has to stop and everything goes silent so they can kick the extra point.  Just kind of bothered me.  Buzzkill.

Never mind.  I shouldn't be complaining about a touchdown.  Carry on.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm going to start a petition to change the tempo of final "Go Bulls!" in fight song.

It's always bothered me how queer it sounds drawn out to "Goooooooooo-Bulls!". It would have more presence if exclaimed succinctly in 'one beat' as apposed to 'three beats'. Try it, and you'll see, i.e., "South-Florida-South-Florida, Go Bulls!."

Even chanted with equal timing, as in "South-Florida-South-Florida-Go-Bulls." would be an improvement.

Thoughts?

Currently has too much of a cheerleader-ish feel to it, I agree. Improvement wouldn't be hard. My thought is to abruptly stop any singing/musical-ness of it after "South Florida", give a drum lead-in (4-8 beats or so), and then just have it be a HARD chant "GO BULLS!", then have the band finish it off or whatever. That would sound awesome with a crowd full of people, but the botch factor would be high at first. :unsure:  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Thoughts?

My wife rags on me everytime we're at an event & it's sung that way.  And she's from WVU!  Let's gooooooo, Mountaineers! Painful.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Page not found

I don't know why, go to Jeff Wagners FB page.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Page not found

I don't know why, go to Jeff Wagners FB page.

Okay that should be : https://www.facebook.com/jeff.wagner.75641?fref=ts but I do not see anything related to a petition. Maybe it is a private post? Which would explain why those of us not friends with him would not see it.