• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The NBA has a big issue on its hands

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

How often does that happen, though?  Usually there is probably a business-related cause for that to happen, but there is certainly no business-related cause to the Sterling issue. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

pretty sure magic doesn't know this chick much beyond the picture. she was postin for pics with other

The more I read, the more disgusted I get.  I don't know how he can keep his franchise after this.

Mark Cuban (best owner in pro sports, imo) is disgusted too, but has some good points.  Don't think they should force him to sell or strip him of the team:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10854381/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-rails-donald-sterling-not-favor-kicking-owner

If he keeps the team no player will sign with LAC in FA, every player on that current team is going to want out, Doc's as good as gone, fans aren't going to buy season tickets, etc.

Even though they can't force him to sell, the fans, players and other owners can make it a very good business decision for him to sell.

i believe they can force him to sell.

And there's that slippery slope Cuban's talking about ... not sure that is a path any of us want them to go down ...

I think most companies that have franchises have the right to force their franchisees to sell.

And there needs to be a kind of due process followed, as outlined in the establishing contracts.

From Cuban's comments, it appears the only transgression for which ownership is forfeit, is gambling.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

pretty sure magic doesn't know this chick much beyond the picture. she was postin for pics with other

The more I read, the more disgusted I get.  I don't know how he can keep his franchise after this.

Mark Cuban (best owner in pro sports, imo) is disgusted too, but has some good points.  Don't think they should force him to sell or strip him of the team:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10854381/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-rails-donald-sterling-not-favor-kicking-owner

If he keeps the team no player will sign with LAC in FA, every player on that current team is going to want out, Doc's as good as gone, fans aren't going to buy season tickets, etc.

Even though they can't force him to sell, the fans, players and other owners can make it a very good business decision for him to sell.

This is a good free-market solution. Let the natural economic forces drive him out of ownership.

I agree with Cuban, using someone's personal, private statements as an excuse for forcibly removing their property is absolutely wrong.

The more I hear Cuban's views, the more I want him to run for office.

I don't like the guy much (Cuban), but he's completely right about this

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Props to Adam Silver, came down hard.

For those who haven't heard, lifelong ban, 2.5m fine, and will urge owners to vote him out(3/4s vote).

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

For those who haven't heard, lifelong ban, 2.5m fine, and will urge owners to vote him out(3/4s vote).

I don't like forcing him out.  Letting the players and coaches walk after the season (if they wanted to) and letting the market force him out was the way to go imo. 

The lifetime ban isn't bad. 

Is there even any PROOF that is who is on the tape?

NBA would look really stoopid if this was just a publicity stunt that went badly.

NBA would look really stoopid if this was just a publicity stunt that went badly.

Adam Silver spoke with him. Don't be foolish, it's Sterling.

Whatchu talkin' about?? Foolish is my middle name!

Whatchu talkin' about?? Foolish is my middle name!

Haha, my bad man

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I like letting his fellow owners decide rather than Silver just making the call ...