• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The NBA has a big issue on its hands

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I heard this guy is still married, and his wife is suing the girlfriend to recover assets he gave her?

Is this guy an idiot or what? How did he get rich enough to buy an NBA team?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think She set him up but on one hand...

..I also wouldn't want my girl to hang out with a wealthy guy named magic who has HIV and banged 20,000 women

If you think there isn't infidelity at the top your nuts. What he said was terrible but racism is very alive from all races.

As a non racist I don't care about this story at all.

No one is naive enough to say there's no infidelity at the top, but I would imagine that, given the very public fact that he has HIV, that Magic isn't getting the a** he was accustomed to these days.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The more I read, the more disgusted I get.  I don't know how he can keep his franchise after this.

The more I read, the more disgusted I get.  I don't know how he can keep his franchise after this.

Mark Cuban (best owner in pro sports, imo) is disgusted too, but has some good points.  Don't think they should force him to sell or strip him of the team:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10854381/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-rails-donald-sterling-not-favor-kicking-owner

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

pretty sure magic doesn't know this chick much beyond the picture. she was postin for pics with other

Mark Cuban (best owner in pro sports, imo) is disgusted too, but has some good points.  Don't think they should force him to sell or strip him of the team:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10854381/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-rails-donald-sterling-not-favor-kicking-owner

If he keeps the team no player will sign with LAC in FA, every player on that current team is going to want out, Doc's as good as gone, fans aren't going to buy season tickets, etc.

Even though they can't force him to sell, the fans, players and other owners can make it a very good business decision for him to sell.

Edited by theman123

pretty sure magic doesn't know this chick much beyond the picture. she was postin for pics with other

If he keeps the team no player will sign with LAC in FA, every player on that current team is going to want out, Doc's as good as gone, fans aren't going to buy season tickets, etc.

Even though they can't force him to sell, the fans, players and other owners can make it a very good business decision for him to sell.

^^^ this is exactly what needs to happen, IMO.  Maybe the league could void all the contracts after this year so the players can all become free agents ... who knows. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This is a good free-market solution. Let the natural economic forces drive him out of ownership.

I agree with Cuban, using someone's personal, private statements as an excuse for forcibly removing their property is absolutely wrong.

The more I hear Cuban's views, the more I want him to run for office.

i believe they can force him to sell.

And there's that slippery slope Cuban's talking about ... not sure that is a path any of us want them to go down ...

And there's that slippery slope Cuban's talking about ... not sure that is a path any of us want them to go down ...

I think most companies that have franchises have the right to force their franchisees to sell.