• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Luis Montero - former #1 player in the Dominican

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Why not bring in Montero as a Freshman with two years of eligibility? Simply ignore his grades from Juco as if he never attended?

I think that is why he went juco because his high school grades weren't good enough.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We (we - as in NCAA) let criminals stay in school but not academically challenged students?

Therein lies a dilemma...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We (we - as in NCAA) let criminals stay in school but not academically challenged students?

Therein lies a dilemma...

With entrance requirements far lower that the normal student, I'd say they allow academically challenged students in all the time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Notice I said "stay"...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He would be better off transferring to another JC for his final  semester and wait to sign from there during the late period.

CoachT â€@teamfrenji 2h2 hours ago

Memo to Luis montero at wcc.... Transfer ASAP!

After this fiasco at WCC, It will be interesting to see how things pan out for Montero.

WCC men's basketball program pulls out of tournament [in Florida] in wake of transcript fraud report

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/westchester/2014/10/30/wcc-cancels-fla-tournament-amid-transcript-fraud-investigation/18180375/

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Can he go backwards in school like to Faith Baptist or Oldsmar Christian? lol

Brad Winton â€@JucoRecruiting 12m12 minutes ago

Westchester CC has suspended their men's basketball program indefinitely due to allegations of altering transcripts, per The Journal News.

Now that the BB program is suspended, he should speak with the guidance counselor there to make sure that if he stays and graduates this year, that everything is in order for him to play BB at a Division 1 university.

Looks like we got him?

Retweeted by Running the Bulls

Russ Wood â€@RussHoops ·1 hr

ICYMI earlier, 2015 Westchester C.C. G/F Luis Montero (@luis_montero10) commits to #USF

Did they delete the tweet? I'm not seeing it.

An apparent communication breakdown between him and his source .... and yes, what I'm posting below is premium material but when neither Wood nor RTB deem it necessary to correct the error via the same vehicle they announced it, other than just delete, I don't think there's a problem posting it.

Luis Montero update

Following my post of earlier this morning, my source has informed me that Montero hasn't officially committed to USF yet but based on what he knows, my source expects that will happen. 

I apologize for the confusion, but when you get a text that reads "Luis Montero to USF", from a source with an excellent track record, and there is no indication that I'm not supposed to publicize that; I then try to get the information to you as quickly as possible.

So again, I apologize for this situation. I had a good talk with this source, who also feels badly that he didn't make his text more clear/accurate.

sign0007.r191677.gif

Well, Russ Wood (USF Rivals) who incorrectly reported his earlier verbal to USF,  now tweets "Russ Wood â€@RussHoops Oct 21

According to his coach, one school is "high on the list" for Westchester JuCo prospect Luis Montero. Find out who"

I doubt he would bother to write a (premium) story on him at this time, if the unnamed school was not USF. At least, that's what I hope.

As I thought...

1. Russ Wood â€@RussHoops 1h1 hour ago
  2. Luis Montero, a 6'7 2015 SG prospect attends Westchester CC. His coach told me last week that #USF is "high on the list" for Montero

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Come on, Jesus, you owe me....

Edited by NCBull