• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Yes HM, you got it. 

Look for lots of activity around Anthony Grant.  This would be a stellar hire.

AG would be a horrible hire.  I'll have an issue renewing season tickets if AG is hired.  We need a bigger name with greater sustained success than AG presents. 

I am with you on this!! Well said, Bull brother!!! 

Most anyone is or will be better than Stan Heath.    We improved the second we fired him. 

WOW!!! We shall see!!!!! Anything is possible with the new AD, Judy and boosters running the show. You cant blame Woolard for the next hire. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Most anyone is or will be better than Stan Heath.    We improved the second we fired him. 

Robert McCullum begs to differ.

Robert McCullum begs to differ.

Lol he still says USF is pregnant with possibilities!!!! That is prolly the only thing that I took coming out of the McCullum era. What a waste of time for us USF fans. Life is too short for that as we all are gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I made reference that the pool of candidates for AD would be 50M as in a 50 meters (Olympic size pool).  Someone asked if the pool was a kiddie or 50 meter pool and I responded.  USF had a pool of candidates and they chose their man, very, very quickly.  DW still has lots of time left before he is retiring.  He's done a rock solid job during his tenure. 

As far as my screen name goes it has nothing to do with my age.  On occasion I speak with kids about attending USF.  I want them to "Be a USF kid" (Bausfkid).  I can assure you I'm not a kid.  Just at heart!

HBryan as far as renewing your season hoops tickets if AG is chosen then don't renew.  I don't base my giving to USF based on who is coaching.  It's where I want to use my entertainment dollars.  I love spending time with family and friends making memories at USF games, win or lose. 

In my opinion USF will not win a National Championship in Football or MBB in the next 50 years.  They're not currently built to do that.  If having fun is based solely on winning I feel sorry for any fan.  I love USF win or lose and will continue to support unconditionally.  I continue to support this board and have been called everything from a "garbage" fan to a "troll".  I'm ok with it.  It's sports, have fun!

Go Bulls!

BTW, there is probably going to be more hoops news in the off season that may surprise some.  Stay tuned!

I made reference that the pool of candidates for AD would be 50M as in a 50 meters (Olympic size pool).  Someone asked if the pool was a kiddie or 50 meter pool and I responded.  USF had a pool of candidates and they chose their man, very, very quickly.  DW still has lots of time left before he is retiring.  He's done a rock solid job during his tenure. 

As far as my screen name goes it has nothing to do with my age.  On occasion I speak with kids about attending USF.  I want them to "Be a USF kid" (Bausfkid).  I can assure you I'm not a kid.  Just at heart!

HBryan as far as renewing your season hoops tickets if AG is chosen then don't renew.  I don't base my giving to USF based on who is coaching.  It's where I want to use my entertainment dollars.  I love spending time with family and friends making memories at USF games, win or lose. 

In my opinion USF will not win a National Championship in Football or MBB in the next 50 years.  They're not currently built to do that.  If having fun is based solely on winning I feel sorry for any fan.  I love USF win or lose and will continue to support unconditionally.  I continue to support this board and have been called everything from a "garbage" fan to a "troll".  I'm ok with it.  It's sports, have fun!

Go Bulls!

Now that is the spirit!!! For what it is worth, we enjoy having you post on here. You bring an intetesting take on things. So it is a breath of fresh air. Dont take my teasing too personally as I am the same mindset of being positive. Nothing can be said that will change how I see things. I will always have the disease of being a loyal Bulls and Cubs fan. I am used to disapointment when I watch both USF and Cubs. But as you said, it is not about the wins and losses. It about the experience. With all that said, I dont want to watch a boring AG coached team at USF and USF will not give him the chance to say no to USF twice. LRS would roll over in his grave. I got to get back to work tomorrow and see what type of info I can find. GO BULLS!!!!

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Go Bulls!

It's offseason, we're going to talk smack and dream of cutting down nets and lowering goalposts until reality hits us. LOL. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Go Bulls!

I find ZERO enjoyment going to games and watching us get slaughtered, many times on our home field/court, and occupying the cellar of a degraded conference. I'm glad you can still find enjoyment when that happens but sports are part of life and there are winners and losers in both.  I want to surround myself with winners, that's where and when I find enjoyment.  To attend, just to wave a flag and say I was there, isn't why I go, I go with the expectation that my alma mater, my team, values winning over losing.  They obviously do, and hence the reason DW has been sent to pasture and CSH was let go.   I'm obviously part of a great majority of fans, but unlike many of them I am still a Silver Bull donor, still have season tickets (many), still travel to away games, etc. Many other friends have given up because of the extremely poor job of building the winning mentality at USF Athletics that your man DW was in charge of developing. Sorry, but fan's like you (lauding DW, please) are part of the reason we've been mired in this stultifying sub-mediocrity because hey, you love it, everything's...A...O...K.   Having taken the major steps USF has so far taken, I'm of the opinion that hiring AG as the MBB would be just another backward step and one that could just as easily have been made (and probably would have been made) with DW at the helm.  It's time for USF to pay a bit more up front and have someone as a long term face of USF BB and one that will draw fans to the Sun Dome.  AG is NOT the guy and there are many who agree. In the end, I'm glad you're a USF fan and supporter but please don't try to push your superfan approach my way, I don't agree with it nor will I ever.

Last year not withstanding (football) I'm struggling to find where we have been consistently "slaughtered" over the past decade?  My assumption is a "slaughter" would be a 21+ point loss?  If so, look no further than Pitt as our great nemesis .  We've lost to them by 21 or more several times in the last decade.  Beyond that losing to Florida, Rutgers and Miami, mostly on the road, by 21+ would hardly validate your "slaughter" argument. 

I also don't use USF's won / loss record to confirm my life's successes.  I'm a winner in life, with loads of validation, due in part to my USF education.  I'm don't consider myself a winner in life due to USF's football or basketball success.  Sorry your friends have "given up" on USF.  Perhaps your selection process of friends needs to be examined?  A great leadership tenet is indomitable spirit. 

Not sure where I'm lauding DW?  He's been part of a great team of folks that have built USF Athletics from next to nothing in the way of facilities and branding. 

Love your passion, just a bit of a different focus from mine.  Also proud that you're a Silver Bull.  Nicely done.