• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Survey help requested, Bulls fans

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

One of our own, board member &rew Bull (Dec,2010) is building a web app and would like the opinion of his fellow Bulls.  Would you please join me in completing the survey below?

Here is some background on the app: 

The app will push notifications about the game you are attending to your phone. When watching games on TV, you constantly see interesting statistics about the teams and hear facts about players. At the game, this experience isn't present without you following the box score. This six-question survey is &rew Bull's attempt at validating his idea and determining which statistics he should focus on delivering. He is targeting the release of this app for USF fans before the start of the 2014 football season.

Follow this link to complete the quick survey.

Thank you.

Any questions?  I am sure if you popst them here, &drew Bull will help you out.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Done

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Done

I wouldn't just use it at the game though, I'd use it while watching on TV as well.

One of the big issues about trying to do an app for a game is that the cell towers can't handle an entire stadium full of people. Coverage will be on-again, off-again...

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Done

I wouldn't just use it at the game though, I'd use it while watching on TV as well.

One of the big issues about trying to do an app for a game is that the cell towers can't handle an entire stadium full of people. Coverage will be on-again, off-again...

I agree. It may just be a result of us having less fans at games, but I feel that coverage in stadiums has gotten better over the last few years.

An advantage of receiving notifications rather than looking for stats yourself is you would receive the message when the network is available rather than hoping the network is available when you try refreshing a box score.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Done

I agree. It may just be a result of us having less fans at games, but I feel that coverage in stadiums has gotten better over the last few years.

An advantage of receiving notifications rather than looking for stats yourself is you would receive the message when the network is available rather than hoping the network is available when you try refreshing a box score.

Zachary!

Push works better than pull when the network is congested.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

Survey done.

A couple quick questions:

1) Doesn't the stadium have fairliy reliable WiFi now?

2) So this would be a more focused version of what http://mobile.thescore.com/ provides?

Thanks...

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Done. Look forward to the app. The question is will it be free?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I'd like cheerleader pics sent to my phone please!

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Survey done.

A couple quick questions:

1) Doesn't the stadium have fairliy reliable WiFi now?

2) So this would be a more focused version of what http://mobile.thescore.com/ provides?

Thanks...

Two years ago, the WiFi wasn't great. I moved out of the area last summer, so I can't speak to last seasons WiFi reliability. I haven't used theScore before. Looking at the features it provides, the target audience is for people who aren't watching the game rather than my goal of enriching the in-stadium experience.

Done. Look forward to the app. The question is will it be free?

Great question. I intend to monetize the app at some point, but I haven't determined a pricing structure. For now, I'm focused on building an awesome app. I will not charge users for the 2014 football season, at the very least.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

lol at thinking this will ever scale beyond ad revenue. this obviously is your first rodeo.

pretty novel idea though, good luck.