• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Milwaukee and Madison booked

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

Anyone have plans for after the game?  If someone wants to pick a bar/restaurant in the area around the stadium for after the game we'd be open to joining in.

I would absolutely provide some suggestions on a meeting spot for your fans!  Let me know if you would like that assistance.

Our official tailgate is at the Union South Bldg on Dayton St.  Looks to be on the east side of the stadium.  Is that correct?

We'll be walking from downtown, the Hyatt Place.  So any suggestions between there and the stadium for after the game would be appreciated. 

Union South is one of the two student centers on campus.  Beautiful building that was completed in the spring of 2011.  That is correct, it is on the east side of the stadium right near the Camp Randall arch.

Due to the early kickoff, might be a little difficult to get a lot done before the game.  However, if you are looking for a couple bars to hit on the way down to Camp Randall, I'd say you guys should visit State Street Brats.  Food is OK, large drink selection, and there will be a large contingent of people there.  From there, if you have time, maybe head to a couple of the beer gardens along Regent Street.  That's only a couple blocks south of Union South.

After the game, I would recommend going to the Memorial Union (other student center) and grabbing a pitcher at the terrace and enjoy the weather and lake.  Beautiful setting and one of the most popular destinations for anyone living in/visiting Madison.

Pretty much any bar on or around State Street will be packed after the game.  Chasers, Wandos, Vintage, Nitty Gritty, Brats, Madhatters, and Johnny Os' main demographic are the students.  As you get further up State Street and onto the Capitol Square area, it becomes an older crowd (relative age to undergraduates, I mean).

Looking like absolute beautiful weather for your guys' weekend!  Mid-high 70s from Thursday onward.

Were just planning the USF tailgate before the game. Starts at 9:00 am.  Early enough for me to start drinking.  Since we fall into the "older" category we may work our way closer to the Capitol area but still young enough to drink with the youngsters on occasion.  My son-in-law can vouch.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

(I hope this works)

Here are a few images...

The last photo is of the Memorial Union Terrace.

post-10745-0-72187300-1411410359_thumb.j

post-10745-0-42028300-1411410365_thumb.j

post-10745-0-65810700-1411410371_thumb.j

post-10745-0-78517300-1411410379_thumb.j

Edited by badgerfan007

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

From another badger fan;

If there is parking at the hotel, DO NOT drive anywhere!!!  It will take you longer to drive and park than it would to walk, GUARANTEED. Navigating anywhere near the stadium on game day morning is a nightmare. All of the lots will fill by 9 am and people will pay for parking in private driveways. The hotel is in the heart of where students live and everybody will be walking in throngs to "tailgate." It is quite the scene and you will want to experience it. You can walk along Regent Street on the way there and hit up all the parties and beer tents ( this is the actual tailgating scene since beverages are prohibited in campus and city parking structures). People usually get the brats on the grill and the beer flowing about 9:00 am.

Plan on walking.  That's why we booked downtown so we wouldn't have to move the car.  You and the Mrs have plans for after the game?  May meet up with Swamprat too. 

Can't say for sure. We're in a group of 13 or so. I should know more by the time we get to Lake Front on Thursday.

• Content Count:  18

Anyone still looking for tickets? Half our group bailed so we have 3. Ticket office messed up the mailing so you would have to meet me at will call Saturday.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

(I hope this works)

Here are a few images...

The last photo is of the Memorial Union Terrace.

it worked

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386

Anyone still looking for tickets? Half our group bailed so we have 3. Ticket office messed up the mailing so you would have to meet me at will call Saturday.

I was considering purchasing those tickets from you until I checked last minute flight prices. The cheapest I found was $580 round trip. That's just too much for me at this point in time. Many of my friends are Wisconsin graduates and it would be nice to see them again(I haven't been home to visit in nearly 3 years).

Just out of curiosity, how much are you selling the tickets for?

• Content Count:  18

I was considering purchasing those tickets from you until I checked last minute flight prices. The cheapest I found was $580 round trip. That's just too much for me at this point in time. Many of my friends are Wisconsin graduates and it would be nice to see them again(I haven't been home to visit in nearly 3 years).

Just out of curiosity, how much are you selling the tickets for?

Face value was just under 60 with fees but I'm sure we would take less to avoid the hassle of selling them Sat morning.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

We're open for anything after the game. Haven't really planned for that.

You are staying downtown as well if I remember.  We'll talk before gameday and try to figure something out.  We are leaving tomorrow (Tue).  Just printed out the boarding passes.

We're leaving Thursday morning. I'll text you when we get to the hotel on Friday to see what's up. Our 3rd is driving up from Chicago. I don't know when she will get there. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

We're open for anything after the game. Haven't really planned for that.

You are staying downtown as well if I remember.  We'll talk before gameday and try to figure something out.  We are leaving tomorrow (Tue).  Just printed out the boarding passes.

We're leaving Thursday morning. I'll text you when we get to the hotel on Friday to see what's up. Our 3rd is driving up from Chicago. I don't know when she will get there. 

Southwest Airlines Flight 3831

Tampa TPA

12:35 PM

Milwaukee MKE
2:20 PM