• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"It's Easier Now" - Aresco

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I read an article about 2-3 years back about merchandising and they said that Notre Dame makes so much off of it, they were #1 in college, they would never join a conference and have to share it.

And I bet most of you think ND puts most of the TV money into sports but they don't, they put it in non-athlete scholarships and funding academic chairs. They've used like $80 million of their TV money for needy non-athlete education funding.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I read an article about 2-3 years back about merchandising and they said that Notre Dame makes so much off of it, they were #1 in college, they would never join a conference and have to share it.

And I bet most of you think ND puts most of the TV money into sports but they don't, they put it in non-athlete scholarships and funding academic chairs. They've used like $80 million of their TV money for needy non-athlete education funding.

They don't need the TV money as much with their boosters!

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

this is a non-starter.

Big 12 is better because there is more money.

TV money is better, bowl tie-ins are better and more lucrative, better access to the playoff system.

the "AAC has better travel cities" argument is irrelevant, as far as universities and conferences go. the fact that people can make a side trip to Disney or Universal while on a road game to UCF, or go drinking at the French Quarter on a road trip to Tulane earns the universities or conferences no money..... and in the end, while Norman, Stillwater or Morgantown may not be great destination cities for tourist stuff, the GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE at those universities violation on what we get in the AAC.

i know we all want to polish this turd, and all of the arguments in favor of the AAC are excellent selling points that make this turd look a lil shinier and smell a lil less rank than the CUSA or MAC turd... but it's still a turd guys.

Big 12 calls, u jump. no hesitation.

Edited by TrujilloBull2013

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

HAHAHHAHAHA

These "presidents" that would drop down conferences?

The people who run these universities are proud, elitist, academics with an ego to stroke. They are not severing ties with the Ohio states, Michigans Floridas, Georgia techs out there to build ties with the ECUs and Memphises and lowly USFs and UCFs. These academics are proud folks with large egos. They are not leaving big a conferences because football is too successful.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

HAHAHHAHAHA

The people who run these universities are proud, elitist, academics with an ego to stroke. They are not severing ties with the Ohio states, Michigans Floridas, Georgia techs out there to build ties with the ECUs and Memphises and lowly USFs and UCFs. These academics are proud folks with large egos. They are not leaving big a conferences because football is too successful.

Yeah, just like the Ivy League didn't.

Speaking of Notre Dame, they just signed a 10 year deal with Under Armor. My wife knows Kevin Plank, asked me if I want to move to Baltimore so she can work for him. I told her I'm as far north as a I go here in Atlanta. Hate winter.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

HAHAHHAHAHA

That was the 1930's... Things are different now

HAHAHHAHAHA

Division I wasn't spit until 1978. And the Ivy league was formed in 1958. So wtf are you talking about?

Per Wiki, the Ivy league chooses athletics over $$ from sports.

The Ivy League teams are eligible for the FCS tournament held to determine the national champion, and the league champion is eligible for an automatic bid (and any other team may qualify for an at-large selection) from the NCAA. However, the Ivy League has not played any postseason games at all since 1956 due to the league's concerns about the extended December schedule's effects on academics. For this reason, any Ivy League team invited to the FCS playoffs turns down the bid. The Ivy League plays a strict 10 game schedule, compared to other FCS members' schedules of 11 or 12 regular season games, plus post-season, which was expanded in 2010 to five rounds with 20 teams, with a bye week for the top 12 teams. Football is the only sport in which the Ivy League declines to compete for a national title.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Way before the big TV money of today, but carry on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

HAHAHHAHAHA

Division I wasn't spit until 1978. And the Ivy league was formed in 1958. So wtf are you talking about?

Per Wiki, the Ivy league chooses athletics over $$ from sports.

The Ivy League teams are eligible for the FCS tournament held to determine the national champion, and the league champion is eligible for an automatic bid (and any other team may qualify for an at-large selection) from the NCAA. However, the Ivy League has not played any postseason games at all since 1956 due to the league's concerns about the extended December schedule's effects on academics. For this reason, any Ivy League team invited to the FCS playoffs turns down the bid. The Ivy League plays a strict 10 game schedule, compared to other FCS members' schedules of 11 or 12 regular season games, plus post-season, which was expanded in 2010 to five rounds with 20 teams, with a bye week for the top 12 teams. Football is the only sport in which the Ivy League declines to compete for a national title.

So when is Syracuse and Vandy announcing they're joining the Ivy League... for the sake of academics?