• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Troy Holston wants his friend at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Feels like Musa has been here for 10 years

Vega said in another thread he's almost 30...maybe he's on his second Master's.

He came in with Zach and Javontae. Don't know if he's near 30 or not but he is Muslim and took a couple of years off for a pilgrimage to Mecca so he probably is older ... and interestingly, in trying to find his age, did see that his only other offer was from Memphis. 

Graduated HS in '09.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

He attended JC for two years but only played ball one year so he came to USF as a sophomore eligibility wise.  He has taken classes for four years though so I'm thinking he is close to graduating.  I don't think he is a great fit for our team.  His only redeeming quality was his outside shot and it seems he never brought it with him to USF.  If he can be "encouraged" to transfer to another school, provided he graduates from USF, that would free up another schollie.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Garrett will be very very good if he is able to play the 3 in college. Strong, long and athletic.

Jeff Garrett just told me that USF, Oregon State and Murray state are showing the most interest.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Jeff Garrett- Three Schools Working Hardest

913021.jpg?w=225&h=300

By JACK LeGWIN

Special to ZAGSBLOG

BARTOW, Fla.- Three schools are working hard to snag Jeff Garrett, one of top unsigned prospects in the class of 2014.

“USF, Oregon State and Murray State are showing the most interest,†Garrett told SNY.tv after a win over Ridge Community in which he scored 16 points, at the Mosaic Shootout on Saturday. “All of them are pretty much the same, they have an up and down tempo, they all win, and they’re all in good conferences.†

There are a couple criteria for the small forward from Oldsmar Christian (Fla.) when it comes to making his choice after the season ends.

“I’m looking for up and down tempo, a place where I can play right away, as well as a family environment,†Garrett said. “I want to wait and focus on school first right now though, and wait to make a decision.â€

Listed at 6-foot-7, 210-pounds, Garrett will thrive in a system where he can play his natural position at small forward. At Oldsmar Christian, playing for coach Jordan Fair, Garrett has shown that he can play the point all the way through the power forward positions.

Garrett, is native of Gadsden (Ala.), as well as played as a member of the Alabama Challenge on the EYBL circuit alongside Kentucky-bound Devin Booker this past summer. He made the transfer to Oldsmar Christian for his senior year, and has thrived against a higher level of competition, averaging close to 17 points a game.

“It’s been a good transition,†Garrett said. “I got to see a little bit more talent this year, and I got to work on my game, being more consistent with my jumpshot.â€

If Garrett were to attend USF, he would join current teammate Troy Holston, who committed during the fall. If he chose Oregon State, he would also be attending with a teammate Isaiah Manderson.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jeff-garrett-three-schools-working-hardest/

Edited by Vega

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm sure Troy would like his other friend and teammate to be here as well.

This could be just the guy we need, if we have a scholarship available.

OC Basketball @OCSHoops  Â·  49m

2014 6'10 Isaiah Manderson has officially been granted his release from Oregon State. #OC

He also was originally from the Bronx. We need to order more pizza. LOL

https://twitter.com/proboundzay

OC Basketball â€@OCSHoops Nov 13

Troy Holston @HoopTillDeath23 and Isaiah Manderson @proboundzay have officially signed. #USF #OSU pic.twitter.com/jtx8HQlR3N

BY-e_LCIIAASk3Z.jpg

•  
  •  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Seems like an awful late release for Manderson, Wonder what the story there is ....... and just for closure on Garrett, went to Bama on April 21 ...

Seems like an awful late release for Manderson, Wonder what the story there is ....... and just for closure on Garrett, went to Bama on April 21 ...

Well, he wanted to see who they would hire as coach and then decide.

This is the guy Vega hoped we landed. He mentioned him on the main board in another thread.

This is what vega wrote. I had some follow up posts on him in that same thread.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

Vega

Super Sophomore

• photo-7351.gif?_r=0
  • 3pips.png
  • 2,392 posts
  • Joined Jan 12, 2008
  • LocationIn Her Bed

I been keeping an eye on Troy Holston's teammate Isaiah Manderson who signed with Oregon St and Craig Robinson who has since been fired. Now the key for him becoming available is OSU cannot hire Coach David Grace who is the current asst at UCLA and the guy that Manderson and other players on that roster are campaigning for. Grace recruited Manderson to Oregon St.

Isaiah Manderson â€@proboundzay 

I read that Coach Grace may get the head coaching job at Oregon State if he does I will stay he recruited me b4 he left for UCLA and at UCLA

However it's looking like OSU is going for the glamor hire instead

SN source: Oregon State looking hard at former point guards Stoudamire, Porter for next coach

If Manderson decommits, he would be a very sought after Big Man.

http://thebullspen.com/topic/96067-c-rubén-guerrero-signed-loi/page-1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Well, they didn't go for the glamor hire but it still wasn't who Manderson wanted ... Wonder how many programs actually have spots open this time of year.