• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Petrino, Tuberville, O'Leary

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

We are up against these coaches for a ton of recruits. I still find it shocking that they are as successful as they are on the recruiting front given their questionable character and rocky pasts. I can't imagine ever sending my kid to play for one of these guys.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Because kids like winning.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

They've all proved they can win. That trumps character issues I guess.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You know how coaches happily take kids of questionable character if it can help them win, same idea. No one gives a **** if you're a nice guy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

We are up against these coaches for a ton of recruits. I still find it shocking that they are as successful as they are on the recruiting front given their questionable character and rocky pasts. I can't imagine ever sending my kid to play for one of these guys.

Sadly many of our recruits parents lack character and have rocks pasts themselves.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

He had a slight embellishment on his resume from earlier years. Not like he thought the notre dame hiring decision hinged on it. Give me a break. Not saying it is the most upstanding then but also not the worst thing. Workout situation is a sad one. If you want to cut the usf/ucf bullcrap you would know that it was a very sad time for Ll parties. Some usf fans are akin to me saying that leavitt meant to severely harm kids on his football team rather than he was really passionate and got in a bad situation. Oleary takes care if his players. He does work them hard, but no different than the pros.

Edited by UCFSports1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

He had a slight embellishment on his resume from earlier years. Not like he thought the notre dame hiring decision hinged on it. Give me a break. Not saying it is the most upstanding then but also not the worst thing. Workout situation is a sad one. If you want to cut the usf/ucf bullcrap you would know that it was a very sad time for Ll parties. Some usf fans are akin to me saying that leavitt meant to severely harm kids on his football team rather than he was really passionate and got in a bad situation. Oleary takes care if his players. He does work them hard, but no different than the pros.

I just would strongly discourage my kid from playing for any of these guys. O'Leary may not be the worst of the bunch, but that's a low bar...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He takes care of his players?  UCF and the coaching staff was found liable for the death of one of his players.  I'm not sure how that is taking care of your players.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

He takes care of his players?  UCF and the coaching staff was found liable for the death of one of his players.  I'm not sure how that is taking care of your players.

Well, they "took care" of him.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Funny. Now if Leavitt got back into D1 coaching, and was recruiting FL, would he be included with those 3?

:stirpot:

• Downvote 1